This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problems with Tomb Raider 2 download. Who to contact? Seriously...

#1BlueSkies7776Posted 8/15/2011 3:28:53 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/199043-tomb-raider-ii/56373735

This guy's topic sums up what the problem is nicely. But yeah, I get the problem too. It's a random crash except it doesn't freeze with the display up, what happens is the whole screen goes black and there is nothing you can do. It basically freezes but with a black screen.

Who do I contact about this problem? I mean, this is a serious game ending bug. It wasn't in the original disc version so it has to be bug in the emulation or something. Or something do to with a firmware update which would mean both Sony and Square Enix/Eidos need to do something about it. Or worst case take the game off the PSN store.
---
Never say can't.
#2wigsplasherPosted 8/15/2011 3:47:21 PM
Call your bank to prevent you from spending more money on Tomb Raider
---
LOL @ you!
#3KaliestoPosted 8/15/2011 3:47:45 PM
Redownload the game, that should fix it like any other.
---
---
I screeched at it for several minutes, and then THE GAME finally went crazy and burned itself...
#4CassyChanPosted 8/15/2011 4:18:57 PM
It wasn't in the original game and it's Sony that converts it to run on PS3/PSP and it's Sony's fault this got past their bug testing, so report it to them if you feel the need. If enough people experience the problem and report it they'll take it down and will probably eventually fix it and get it back up on the Store.
#5BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2011 10:53:16 AM
How do I report it to Sony?
---
Never say can't.
#6GM_Posted 8/17/2011 10:56:29 AM
wigsplasher posted...

Someone is bitter that they sucked at oldschool Tomb Raider games that were actually good. The series is too casual and mainstream these days and are watered down to the point I don't classify them as Platformers at all. Which is what they used to be. Adventure/Platformer.
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#7wigsplasherPosted 8/17/2011 11:02:25 AM
GM_ posted...
wigsplasher posted...

Someone is bitter that they sucked at oldschool Tomb Raider games that were actually good. The series is too casual and mainstream these days and are watered down to the point I don't classify them as Platformers at all. Which is what they used to be. Adventure/Platformer.

WTF? How'd you come up with that idea from my post? Troll.

The Tomb Raider series is crap and has been since the beginning. It's always had awkward controls and only gained interest in gamers due to the "heroine's" chest size.

Yea, I must be so bitter from sucking at "oldschool Tomb Raider" games that I harboured a hatred for the series for over a decade! Newsflash: reviews and demos prevented me from having to "play" (slog) through the campaigns of most Tomb Raider games so go back to the drawing board, disgruntled ex-Tomb Raider dev
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
#8BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 9:05:42 AM
Ok, first of all I tried deleting and re-installing. It didn't fix the problem. What I will try to do now is just skip the level and hope it only happens at the Barkhang Monestary.

Secondly:

The Tomb Raider series is crap and has been since the beginning. It's always had awkward controls and only gained interest in gamers due to the "heroine's" chest size.

I can respect your opinion of thinking the game is crap, but assuming everyone only took the game up because of Lara's chest size is down right idiotic. When I was a little boy I loved Tomb Raider 1 and 2 (though I sucked at them) because of the good graphics and fun gun play. I was never interested in Lara's figure because she didn't really have one since the graphics weren't as detailed as they are today.

Adults at the time loved Tomb Raider 1 and 2 because they were fantastic adventure games for their time. In 1996 Tomb Raider 1 was amazing and really proved how great a 3D adventure game with realistic graphics could be at a time when cartoony platformers were all the rage and popular.

Seriously though, that was a dumb comment. Think before you post.
---
Never say can't.
#9da number one stoogePosted 8/19/2011 10:03:19 AM
Hmm. My disc version doesn't even want to get past the menu. Maybe an update stuffed it, because I swear I played it on my PS3 last year.
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.
#10BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 10:06:15 AM
da number one stooge posted...
Hmm. My disc version doesn't even want to get past the menu. Maybe an update stuffed it, because I swear I played it on my PS3 last year.

Yeah, I think so. I'm thinking of getting the disc though since I have a PS2.
---
Never say can't.