This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Optimal PS3 HDMI settings

#1GM_Posted 8/16/2011 3:25:08 PM
I just got home with my PS3 and it's updating right now to the latest firmware. What are the best settings to use if I'm connected via HDMI? Thanks :)
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#2Tmac2035Posted 8/16/2011 3:28:08 PM
GM_ posted...
I just got home with my PS3 and it's updating right now to the latest firmware. What are the best settings to use if I'm connected via HDMI? Thanks :)

This is all subjective as it depends on several factors: lighting, your TV and your personal preferences. Just go with what looks best to you because in the end, that's all that matters.
---
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
#3izza20Posted 8/16/2011 8:49:56 PM
There aren't many actual settings on the ps3 you can change outside of resolutions, which all comes down to what your tv supports. Otherwise just change settings on your tv.

The only REAL setting that my make a visual difference is the RGB Range setting, which has two options of limited and full. Limited is the standard mode for tv screens, while full is the standard mode for pc monitors. They are intended to produce identical images, and the only reason to ever use full is if a display doesn't support limited properly. Choosing "full" on a display that does not support it properly will alter colors and produce an artifically higher contrast image by crushing all of the very light and dark colors to one shade while making every other color lighter or darker. People who don't know what is actually happening here will tell you this is the "correct" or "better" image, when they couldn't be further from the truth. If anyone likes the incorrect, high contrast look full provides, that's their business, but please think before spreading misinformation and advising other people they should set the ps3 to RBG full.