This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need HELP from PS3 hardware experts

#1gtrundelPosted 8/17/2011 1:23:41 PM
I posted this problem a week ago and everyone told me to open my PS3 up but I donít know if want to do that yet and if I should just let Sony fix it, so hereís the problem again with some additional info. Please donít yell at me for posting this twice this it the first time Iíve had a problem with a console so I'm not sure what to do.

I have a 80gig PS3 and for the past two weeks itís been having problems ejecting discs it will either not eject it and I have to hit the eject button a few times or it will eject the disc half way then pull the disc back in. and then sometimes it will actually fully eject the disc, I contacted Sony and they told me that it sounds like it needs to be sent in for repairs, but they didnít tell me what the problem is, does anyone know what would cause this issue and if it would even be worth to get it fixed or if I should just get a new PS3.
#2gtrundel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2011 10:18:29 PM
anyone?
#3Iceberg73ePosted 8/18/2011 10:26:56 PM
How do you expect people know what exactly the problem is by just a description, all you are going to get is guess and conjecture. Sony repairs are $150 it's up to you think if it is worth it.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#4IroncondorzPosted 8/18/2011 10:31:59 PM
Personally I'd try to fix it myself and if I made it worse I'd just buy a new one.

If you want to send it into Sony, I'd wait a bit until they adjust pricing on their repairs due to the price cut (I assume they will).
---
Support for future release: "Torchlight 2" by Runic Games, and Jane Jensen's "Gray Matter"
#5TDF_GIZMO2606Posted 8/18/2011 10:43:04 PM
I have the same problem. Honestly it is just your disc tray lose. Three things you can do.

1 Pay Sony $150 to fix it.

2 Fix it yourself. (Youtube how to reline PS3 disc tray)

3 Hold the eject button for 20 seconds+ to force eject the disc out.
---
PSN: GIZMO2606
#6gtrundel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 10:28:39 AM
Thanks for your answers guy's.