This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well does the PS3 do in America?

#11M1AstrayPosted 8/19/2011 5:27:39 AM
EternalNether posted...
I just read this: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1188829p1.html

And it makes me think. The Xbox 360 is obviously a western console targeted at Ameria/Europe, whereas the Playstation 3 has much more of a target audience in Japan. With the 360 apparently dying out in Japan, I question if the PS3 does well enough over here to sustain itself. I have no idea what the sales figures are like these days, but though I live in America I've always loved and played primarily JRPGs. I would hate for consoles to become region-exclusive within a generation or two (I'm picturing Xbox 4 only being sold in US/EU, PS5 only being sold in JPN) or something like that.

D=

The thing is that the 360 did absolutely HORRIBLY in Japan, as in it bombed, pure and simple. The PS3 meanwhile sells very solidily in the west. While the X-Box brand will possibly become a western only system the same has absolutely no chance of happening with the PS3 and Japan, it would have to outright bomb for that to happen, and it hasn't, not even close.
---
Currently Playing: Wipeout HD/Fury (PSN/PS3)
#12GM_Posted 8/19/2011 6:15:29 AM
BasementDewd posted...
With the next gen consoles hitting next year it really doesnt matter. Sony lost this one,

Keep dreaming mate. The only new console is one Nintendo was forced to release due to no 3rd party support at all. There won't be a PS4 or 720 next year or even in 2013.
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#13Lelouch71Posted 8/19/2011 10:21:37 AM
GM_ posted...
Keep dreaming mate. The only new console is one Nintendo was forced to release due to no 3rd party support at all. There won't be a PS4 or 720 next year or even in 2013.

Oh you can predict the future? Hey read my future while you at it. The Xbox 3 is rumored to make an appearance at the next E3. The PS4 is already in development so it will likely be around the corner as well. This gen is drawing to a close whether people are ready or not.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."