This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still a good time to get a PS3?

#1A r e n aPosted 8/19/2011 3:37:38 AM
Now that it's 250, I think I want one. Should I get it or wait for PS4?
---
Oh that this too, too solid flesh would melt.
#2da number one stoogePosted 8/19/2011 3:44:06 AM
???

You waited for this long just to get a PS3. Would you buy a PS4 at launch?
Honestly, the later you leave it, the better it is, when buying a console. All the kinks are ironed out. It's cheaper. And you have a huge library of games to catch up on.

Plus the PS4 is still just a twinkle in Sony's eye.
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.
#3ShippoyashaPosted 8/19/2011 3:44:15 AM
If you absolutely must get a quality high def gaming console now then maybe.

But Vita is around the corner and PS4 will probably be announced in next E3 (I'm guessing).
#4AcinathPosted 8/19/2011 3:45:36 AM
The "PS4" isn't coming out any time soon, $250 is also half or less then half of what some people paid for their PS3. If there's games you like on the PS3 get one. I like my PS3 a lot, more than my 360 by miles but that's just me. I'm sure theres also some people lurking aroung that will tell you why you should get a 360 instead ;)
#5M1AstrayPosted 8/19/2011 5:24:12 AM
The better question is why not buy a PS3? It'll be at least one and a half years before the PS4 even gets released (in Japan), in that 1 and a half years you could be experiencing some of the best video games currently available, why wait? Especially when the PS4 won't be backwards compatible (going by Sony's trend nowadays), you'll just be cheating yourself of some games.

TL:DR Version: If a system has games you want to play, buy it, enjoy it, and eventually upgrade. New systems suck for the first year or two anyway, meanwhile the PS3 is currently at the height of it's life, there's no better time to buy frankly.
---
Currently Playing: Wipeout HD/Fury (PSN/PS3)
#6MonocleMoosePosted 8/19/2011 5:32:41 AM
I'd say buy one now. I got mine in May (for $200, thanks to a $100 off coupon), and I've certainly not regretted it. And Sony has said the PS4 won't come out until late 2013 at the very earliest, I'd say 2014 or 2015 is more likely.
---
Mr. QQQ
o_q
#7JDTAYPosted 8/19/2011 5:41:10 AM
I got mine last month at $300 and am extremely satisfied. Jump on in, bro.
---
PSN: JDTAY87
#8SuperPlatanoPosted 8/19/2011 5:46:16 AM
da number one stooge posted...
???

You waited for this long just to get a PS3. Would you buy a PS4 at launch?
Honestly, the later you leave it, the better it is, when buying a console. All the kinks are ironed out. It's cheaper. And you have a huge library of games to catch up on.

Plus the PS4 is still just a twinkle in Sony's eye.

This. I got my PS3 a year and a little ago. So far i've only bought 1 game on release (infamous 2), and I've been catching up on games. I think i have a healthy library of 25 games and there's still games i want to get before i lose all my money this fall (which is another point in getting the ps3)
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
#9Lelouch71Posted 8/19/2011 10:24:38 AM
If you waited this long to get a PS3 you might as well get it now. Even if the PS4 comes out within the next 2 years there won't be a lot of good games available at launch.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#10project122Posted 8/19/2011 10:34:44 AM
since you've waited this long...might as well wait even longer for a possible ps4...
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]