This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 will fail because it's not

#1GM_Posted 8/19/2011 10:28:07 AM
A tablet computer like an iPad. I mean, srsly here guyz. It doesn't have an AppStore and I can't touch it all over and make it do fun things. Y the games cost more than $1? I cam buy AAA titles like Angry Birds for a buck and it has more replay value than Uncharted and Call of Duty combined.

:P

This argument seems silly when discussed in actual home console boards. The 3DS and PSP boards have been in a civil war abou mobile vs handheld gaming. Lol does anyone here actually see consoles dying by the hand of tablets? I have actually seen articles discuss this before.
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#2ChaingunmasterPosted 8/19/2011 10:31:36 AM
Angry Birds is garbage, and what's worse, it's garbage that can be found on the internet for free. If I was a coder I'd release a game almost identical to Angry Birds on the iPad for nothing in the vain hope it would kill their sales.
---
http://www.twitter.com/Alos88- follow me and I'll follow you
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#3wickedmystic13Posted 8/19/2011 10:32:52 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
Angry Birds is garbage, and what's worse, it's garbage that can be found on the internet for free. If I was a coder I'd release a game almost identical to Angry Birds on the iPad for nothing in the vain hope it would kill their sales.

Angry Birds costs money? It was free on Android
---
I'm doing fine with just me and my wine
#4vu_cometPosted 8/19/2011 10:35:58 AM
PS3 will stop working because of this reason? I highly doubt so. Why is it that people use 'fail' to describe everything on this planet that they don't like? Things like 'oh, man, that's so fail' or 'hey check out that guys shirt, it's so fail'.
---
Someday people will stop using 'fail' to describe things.
I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together.
#5pokemon_45_79_1Posted 8/19/2011 10:36:15 AM
There we go another speculation, a new ipad coming out in 2012 good job apple which is why I dont buy there things they keep bringing out new ones every year. No console will fail aganist the ipad, they cater differently, developers are not just going to switch to the ipad that fast, another assumption.

Next gen consoles will have the ipad integration in them unfortunately the wii-u already showing it, I do expect Sony and MS to follow, especially sine the vita already has it.

Its to soon to tell tc your topic title is misleading because we are not even sure, you have to look deeper then the surface numbers you see.

Consoles will be fine and wont fail.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#6pokemon_45_79_1Posted 8/19/2011 10:36:50 AM
vu_comet posted...
PS3 will stop working because of this reason? I highly doubt so. Why is it that people use 'fail' to describe everything on this planet that they don't like? Things like 'oh, man, that's so fail' or 'hey check out that guys shirt, it's so fail'.

Because its an easy word to use in almost every context.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#7flame030191Posted 8/19/2011 10:36:59 AM
wickedmystic13 posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...

Angry Birds costs money? It was free on Android

Ipod/iphone/ipad is either free or $0.99 for like 500 extra levels
---
PSN ID: JuggaloFlame4922
Twisted Metal will be beast
#8project122Posted 8/19/2011 10:37:13 AM
this topic is dumb...tc is comparing apples to oranges...
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9GM_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 10:37:29 AM
vu_comet posted...

Did you read the bottom part of the first post? I wasn't being serious. But I was asking about the whole tablet domination thing.
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#10vu_cometPosted 8/19/2011 10:37:56 AM
project122 posted...
this topic is dumb...tc is comparing apples to oranges...

Actually he is comparing Apples to PS3's...
---
Someday people will stop using 'fail' to describe things.
I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together.