This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which games have the worst controls?

#1MurphysLawPosted 8/21/2011 6:31:55 PM
Nothing worse than struggling in a game that has poor controls.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFB94Nh0gyE
#2dr_zombergPosted 8/21/2011 6:32:44 PM
lair.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
dont question me, i have a phd in zombies -- me, on myself.
#3MurphysLaw(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 6:35:15 PM

lair.

Yes it was pretty terrible. I didn't get to play it after the patch but I heard it was better without SixAxis.
---
#4bluehat94Posted 8/21/2011 6:37:18 PM
i thought the controls in the first resistance were terrible
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#5MurphysLaw(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 6:40:35 PM

The dualshock isn't the greatest for shooters but I didn't find that game too bad for controls. Hard to remember since I haven't played it in ages.
---
#6Dark World RulerPosted 8/21/2011 6:41:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7zyrax2301Posted 8/21/2011 6:42:09 PM
Motorstorm with Sixaxis.

I don't know why they were trying to push that so hard with those launch titles. Using it with ground vehicles in Warhawk was horrendous too.

Playing GTA IV and having to get used to R2 and L2 as accel and decel made me pretty mad. At first I changed the controls back to X and square, but unfortunately it's become the norm this gen...so I've had to deal with that.

R2 and L2 for shooters pisses me off.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8bluehat94Posted 8/21/2011 6:42:47 PM
schphinkter posted...
The dualshock isn't the greatest for shooters but I didn't find that game too bad for controls. Hard to remember since I haven't played it in ages.

that was one of the reasons, but it just felt unresponsive
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#9Res5Posted 8/21/2011 6:43:06 PM
Two things:

Any game that doesn't allow you to change the inversion of the X and Y axis

And any DS game that is completely controlled through the stylus. It's one thing if it's making selections but when you control everything with the stylus it gets old fast.

This can also extend to any game using a pointer.
---
Favorite music genres: Metal, Rock and Dance/Techno
Favorite band: Disturbed
#10NecrosexuaIPosted 8/21/2011 6:45:52 PM(edited)
no more heroes without move. it claims you can use the normal controller's sixaxis? it's nigh-impossible. i kept trying and trying on the demo only to never pull off a finishing move and cutting it off. awful. a shame, because i would kill to play nmh with just a normal goddamn controller for once.

And any DS game that is completely controlled through the stylus. It's one thing if it's making selections but when you control everything with the stylus it gets old fast.
and any wii game that uses motion control for waggle, or force you to use the wii mote when never using motion controls instead of just applying gcn controls. oh tales of symphonia 2, you might have been a fraction better [but then, it was ****, so that's not speaking much] if you just let me use a damn gcn controller...
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja