This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPG - I Miss Them

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. RPG - I Miss Them
4 years ago#11
KingAvatar posted...
PurelyDivine posted...
I'm currently playing Radiant Historia right now. Awesome old school style RPG

Isn't that on DS? I thought about getting it. I actually found a lot of my old school RPG fixes on the DS.

Yes. It's awesome and it has the whole time travel Chrono Trigger-esque feel to it.
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
4 years ago#12
I can relate. I am in the same boat as you more or less. There was kind of a wholesome fun to JRPGs in the SNES and PS1 days. But, both because I have changed and the genre has changed, I just don't feel it anymore. I would like to find a new JRPG that can capture that feeling, but they just don't do it for me. So, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Deus Ex it will be until Japan gets it act together.
Swayin' to the rhythm of the new world order and Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums The boogeymen are coming - A Perfect Circle, Pet
4 years ago#13
Disgaea 4.
--- - my band, check us out. (I play drums)
PSN= Triazic
4 years ago#14
KingAvatar posted...
I miss the old ones as well. There's just something different. Something missing.

Get Avadon: The Black Fortress on Steam then, even if you have a mediocre PC you should be able to run it. It's $9.

Pay attention to Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning also.
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
4 years ago#15

Yes. It's awesome and it has the whole time travel Chrono Trigger-esque feel to it.

I'm really starting to get sick of that comment. It feels NOTHING like Chrono Trigger. Nothing. A decent game in it's own right, but nowhere near as well done as CT was.
4 years ago#16
i miss the old tropes of wizards and dragons and other mythological creatures(
now all we get is these crazy superhumans not-a-god people who just want to destroy the world for... no reason(
4 years ago#17
Wizardry PSN
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
The Last Story (Wii)
Lost Odyssey (360)
Resonance of Fate
4 years ago#18
white knight chronicles 2
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
4 years ago#19
Just get a DS. The only issue is that some of the JRPG's have become more difficult to find.
4 years ago#20
I like traditional turn-based rpgs and they are pretty much extinct. I don't like the action that so many rpgs use now in their battle system (Tales games, Star Ocean). I like games like Lunar and Grandia. I think Grandia had one of the best battle systems. I never played the US version, but I have the Saturn import from Japan.

They don't even make games like Secret of Mana in the true action-rpg sense. It seems like the PSP mostly, and then the DS have more of the traditional rpg types. I am looking forward to a release of Ninokuni for the PS3 because that game looks beautiful.

Have you tried Eternal Sonata? A lot of people seem to like it, but I didn't like the battle system and the game seemed cheaply hard.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. RPG - I Miss Them

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived