This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPG - I Miss Them

#11justchill433Posted 8/22/2011 1:24:30 PM
KingAvatar posted...
PurelyDivine posted...
I'm currently playing Radiant Historia right now. Awesome old school style RPG

Isn't that on DS? I thought about getting it. I actually found a lot of my old school RPG fixes on the DS.

Yes. It's awesome and it has the whole time travel Chrono Trigger-esque feel to it.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#12AskeladdPosted 8/22/2011 1:29:21 PM
I can relate. I am in the same boat as you more or less. There was kind of a wholesome fun to JRPGs in the SNES and PS1 days. But, both because I have changed and the genre has changed, I just don't feel it anymore. I would like to find a new JRPG that can capture that feeling, but they just don't do it for me. So, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Deus Ex it will be until Japan gets it act together.
---
Swayin' to the rhythm of the new world order and Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums The boogeymen are coming - A Perfect Circle, Pet
#13TRIAZlCPosted 8/22/2011 1:33:35 PM
Disgaea 4.
---
www.myspace.com/thecloserofficial - my band, check us out. (I play drums)
PSN= Triazic
#14CthulhuDagonPosted 8/22/2011 1:33:49 PM
KingAvatar posted...
I miss the old ones as well. There's just something different. Something missing.

Get Avadon: The Black Fortress on Steam then, even if you have a mediocre PC you should be able to run it. It's $9.

Pay attention to Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning also.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#15JeffHardyRulez4Posted 8/22/2011 1:36:16 PM

Yes. It's awesome and it has the whole time travel Chrono Trigger-esque feel to it.

I'm really starting to get sick of that comment. It feels NOTHING like Chrono Trigger. Nothing. A decent game in it's own right, but nowhere near as well done as CT was.
---
GABBA GABBA HEY
#16NecrosexuaIPosted 8/22/2011 1:37:14 PM
i miss the old tropes of wizards and dragons and other mythological creatures(
now all we get is these crazy superhumans not-a-god people who just want to destroy the world for... no reason(
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja
#17Devilman_AmonPosted 8/22/2011 1:40:57 PM
Wizardry PSN
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
The Last Story (Wii)
Lost Odyssey (360)
Resonance of Fate
Nier
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#18antoinejonesPosted 8/22/2011 2:02:45 PM
white knight chronicles 2
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#19CooperRCPosted 8/22/2011 2:05:17 PM
Just get a DS. The only issue is that some of the JRPG's have become more difficult to find.
#20XSilverPhoenixXPosted 8/22/2011 2:19:04 PM
I like traditional turn-based rpgs and they are pretty much extinct. I don't like the action that so many rpgs use now in their battle system (Tales games, Star Ocean). I like games like Lunar and Grandia. I think Grandia had one of the best battle systems. I never played the US version, but I have the Saturn import from Japan.

They don't even make games like Secret of Mana in the true action-rpg sense. It seems like the PSP mostly, and then the DS have more of the traditional rpg types. I am looking forward to a release of Ninokuni for the PS3 because that game looks beautiful.

Have you tried Eternal Sonata? A lot of people seem to like it, but I didn't like the battle system and the game seemed cheaply hard.