This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amy trailer - Survival horror returns!

#11antoinejonesPosted 8/23/2011 12:04:30 PM
docholliday504 posted...
Where are you guys seeing this is a top-down game?

no one said this was a top down game lol
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#12Ultimate_TimmehPosted 8/23/2011 12:04:43 PM
Kinda sounds like a survival/horror version of ICO.
---
PSN: Ultimate_Timmeh
http://www.backloggery.com/ultimate_timmeh
#13Devilman_AmonPosted 8/23/2011 12:24:33 PM(edited)
It's not. I think that other poster meant that the recent zombie games have been top down which in his opinion doesn't make for a good survival horror game.

But actually those games and Dead Rising, Resident Evil 4,5, Racoon City, Alone in te Dark, Dead Space 1 & 2, Dead Space Extractop, REMercenaries, Dead Island, CoD zombie mode, F3AR, Metro 2033, Manhunt, Silent Hill Vita game, Rise of Nightmares, Shadows of the Damned, House of the Dead Overkill, Vampire Rain, Neverdead, Lollipop Chainsaw, Clive Barkers Jericho, Condemned 1 & 2, RE 4 HD, RE Veronica X HD, American McGee's Alice, Attack on Bug Island, Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles are action horror games not survival horror.

The only survival horror games we got this gen are

Siren Blood Curse (PS3/PSN)
Amy (PSN)
The Calling (Wii)
Ju-On: The Grudge (Wii)
Night of Sacrifice (Wii)
Fatal Frame IV & II Remake (Wii)
Saw I & II

Silent Hill series, Alan Wake, Cold Mountain, I am Alive are kinda in between I think...

Deadly Premonition is more detective and adventure horror I think..

Catherine & 999 are adventure/puzzle horror...Saw & Silent Hill also have puzzle elements though but not completely like Catherine & 999
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#14docholliday504Posted 8/23/2011 12:45:52 PM
antoinejones posted...
docholliday504 posted...
Where are you guys seeing this is a top-down game?

no one said this was a top down game lol

Ok. I think I got confused because people started hating on top down (which I don't really like either).
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing-Portal 2
#15jammitinPosted 8/23/2011 1:03:31 PM
I've got my eye on it.
---
Arkham City soon
#16LunarRoarPosted 8/23/2011 1:04:07 PM
Nice trailer, though I'll have to wait for gameplay before I'm actually interested.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
#17atma6Posted 8/23/2011 1:20:18 PM
Interesting trailer, but not a good one. Lack of gameplay shown isn't good, and a primary mechanic based on A.I. herding is a serious hit against it. However, the concept is solid and if the A.I. isn't frustrating then it could be very good.
---
Nier, the great unknown masterpiece of the generation.
FFXIII, the great sacrificial lamb for raging fanboys this gen.
#18AputiPosted 8/23/2011 1:23:57 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...

Siren Blood Curse (PS3/PSN)
Amy (PSN)
The Calling (Wii)
Night of Sacrifice (Wii)
Saw I & II

Why must you ignore Amnesia: The Dark Descent? I'm still scared to afraid to finish the game.
---
Asking once only makes you want it more
#19spectermaster14Posted 8/23/2011 1:30:25 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
It's not. I think that other poster meant that the recent zombie games have been top down which in his opinion doesn't make for a good survival horror game.

But actually those games and Dead Rising, Resident Evil 4,5, Racoon City, Alone in te Dark, Dead Space 1 & 2, Dead Space Extractop, REMercenaries, Dead Island, CoD zombie mode, F3AR, Metro 2033, Manhunt, Silent Hill Vita game, Rise of Nightmares, Shadows of the Damned, House of the Dead Overkill, Vampire Rain, Neverdead, Lollipop Chainsaw, Clive Barkers Jericho, Condemned 1 & 2, RE 4 HD, RE Veronica X HD, American McGee's Alice, Attack on Bug Island, Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles are action horror games not survival horror.

The only survival horror games we got this gen are

Siren Blood Curse (PS3/PSN) - (Until you pick up literally any weapon)
Amy (PSN)
The Calling (Wii)
Night of Sacrifice (Wii)
Saw I & II

Silent Hill series, Alan Wake, Cold Mountain, I am Alive are kinda in between I think...

Deadly Premonition is more detective and adventure horror I think..

Catherine & 999 are adventure/puzzle horror...Saw & Silent Hill also have puzzle elements though but not completely like Catherine & 999

Fixed that for you. Once you find so much as a fork in Blood Curse, you're safe. The only REALLY creepy, survival based parts were with... What's her face... Little girl, been a while since I played it. Maggots aside, all Shibito seem to go down really easy and beyond certain specific chapters, weapons aren't exactly hard to find. I just recently bought the original game and I've gotta say, it's a bit jarring how fragile and useless most of your characters are.

Trailer is nice, but I side with the "wants me some gameplay" crowd.
#20osboesPosted 8/23/2011 1:31:30 PM
I'm going to keep an eye out for this.