This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend something for me please...

#1cerberus1015Posted 8/26/2011 6:56:53 AM
I have a very specific game hankering right now. I need a dungeon crawler, hack n slash type action rpg. I want to take on quests, kill tons of things, and become a badass with awesome gear. I've played Demon's Souls a lot so I've got that covered. That might even be too refined for what the kind of game I want. Anyone recommend Sacred 2? That seems to be the game mentioned the most. I just find the dungeon crawler genre has limited offerings on the PS3.
---
90% of your day spent staring at glowing rectangles.
#2Ireland_FTWPosted 8/26/2011 6:59:50 AM
if you have a decent pc, get Dragon Nest. I'm not too far into the game, but it's fun and you can get a lot of armor/weapons
---
'I blew really really hard' - Link_AJ
I think PS3 is a pretty cool guy. eh makes videogames and doesn't afraid of anything.
#3Mr_BurgenerPosted 8/26/2011 7:01:31 AM
I personally thought Sacred 2 was horrid. I played it for about an hour before I admitted to myself that it was just bad.

Oblivion might fit what you're talking about. There are some major dungeon crawling elements, leveling up, getting new badass gear...and you can easily put 100+ hours into it.

Regardless, if you haven't played it you should.
#4Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 8/26/2011 7:06:40 AM
Dragon Siege III seems like a good choice. You could give Two Worlds II a chance as well it's cheaper now. If you have a pc I would definitely try The Witcher 1 and 2. Resonance of Fate is would I would consider a classic dungeon crawler JRPG.
#5antoinejonesPosted 8/26/2011 7:11:57 AM(edited)
AlphaToad posted...
I have a very specific game hankering right now. I need a dungeon crawler, hack n slash type action rpg. I want to take on quests, kill tons of things, and become a badass with awesome gear. I've played Demon's Souls a lot so I've got that covered. That might even be too refined for what the kind of game I want. Anyone recommend Sacred 2? That seems to be the game mentioned the most. I just find the dungeon crawler genre has limited offerings on the PS3.

Well it snot an action rpg (the battle system is similar to final fantasy 12) but white knight chronicles 2 has EVERYTHING you asked for and the best part is it can be done online with up to 6 players and has voice and text chat oh and you can easily but 500+ hours into it (took me 1126 hours to platinum the first game). Also WKC2 comes with part 1 on the disc so you get both games for the price of one. theres over 400 different types of weapons and armor and its ALL visible on your character when you equip it, plus you get to create your own character and your own Knight (Knights are basically like the Gears from Xenogears or Gundams lol)
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#6alistairfingersPosted 8/26/2011 7:12:51 AM
trinity universe is awesome!
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
#7FellDudePosted 8/26/2011 7:15:28 AM(edited)
I'd say just wait for Skyrim.
Oblivion's loot was way too generic. I'm hoping Skyrim's is better.
Two Worlds is a very hit or miss game for people. I personally liked it.
White Knight Cronicles might be a bit of a stretch as far as action is concerned.

A bit out of left field but if you lose the hack and slash requirement from your wish list and change it to FPS... Borderlands or the Fallout's might be worth looking onto.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.