This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts from PAX

#1QuintiousPosted 8/26/2011 4:55:46 PM
WINNING:

Skyrim
Star Wars The Old Republic (seriously, loved it)
Ratchet & Clank 4
Twisted Metal (as an aside, scored a sweet bank robbery Sweet Tooth ski mask)
OnLive (free consoles!)
League of Legends (aweeeesome)
Might & Magic
Smite

Meh:

Mass Effect 3 (not even playable)
Rage
Need for Speed: The Run (or The Chase or....whatever it's called)
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Duel of the Planeswalkers expansion

Bleh:
Kill Many Robots
The new Street FIghter thing
The new Bloodrayne (a 2d side scroller??)
Resistance 3
---
I sued Microsoft...and won!
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Average_Joe_takes_on_Microsoft_over_the_360_units_and_wins
#2DragonGPosted 8/26/2011 5:15:39 PM
How long was the line for Skyrim? 2+ hours lol? Gonna be there tomorrow.
---
Man running in front of car get TIRED. Man running behind car get EXHAUSTED.
PSN Tag: StudBoi69
#3LexxxiconPosted 8/26/2011 6:29:45 PM
What was the deal on Resistance 3? Was it as bland as it looks?
---
Lexxxicon
#4kcypher2000Posted 8/26/2011 6:33:02 PM
Quintious posted...
WINNING:

Skyrim
Star Wars The Old Republic (seriously, loved it)
Ratchet & Clank 4
Twisted Metal (as an aside, scored a sweet bank robbery Sweet Tooth ski mask)
OnLive (free consoles!)
League of Legends (aweeeesome)
Might & Magic
Smite

Meh:

Mass Effect 3 (not even playable)
Rage
Need for Speed: The Run (or The Chase or....whatever it's called)
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Duel of the Planeswalkers expansion

Bleh:
Kill Many Robots
The new Street FIghter thing
The new Bloodrayne (a 2d side scroller??)
Resistance 3

I can't wait for Star Wars........
#5Shamrock99Posted 8/26/2011 7:20:06 PM
I didn't even know PAX was going on.
And I live in Seattle.

I saw some guy walk by with a red Red Dead Redemption shirt...then another...then some guy with a red Resistance 3 shirt and I was like WTF is going on?!

Then some little kid walked by with a BATTLE ARENA TOSHINDEN 3 t-shirt and I was really like OK WTF IS HAPPENING.

Then I had to go to a law firm near the convention center and saw all of the people in costumes and was like oh pax
---
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/Kajicat
#6k_adsl123Posted 8/26/2011 7:21:47 PM
Aw, I'm looking forward to Rage, ME3 and NFS The Run.

Were they bad, or just nothing that you cared for?
---
Not changing this sig until PSN gets an online chess game.
Started April 12, 2011.
#7TeopcigartPosted 8/26/2011 7:26:21 PM
The League of Legends mention in the TC post reminds me that I won't be getting a PAX Sivir code. Profound sadness. >.<;
---
PSN Name: PuppetShoJustice
Won't accept blank friend invites.
#8Quintious(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 7:31:57 PM
Resistance was just BAD. There's no other way to describe it. The gameplay was weak, and its obviously just "random hand and a gun game 25381701. NFS, the big issue there was poor AI. ME3 was just a scripted video. Graphically it looks great, even on giant LED screens. But the plot seems weak.

Add assassins creed to the bleh camp. But I've never been a fan of the series, so this is nothing new.

Line for Skyrim was 0 minutes, but I made a beeline for the giant dragon right as the gates opened.

I also liked uc3, though it was a bit more twitchy than I expected. Attack nuns was another surprise joy.

Out of everything so far, Id say league of legends and skyrim have been my faves.

Incidentally (for those who know of the bars I own), a free top shelf mixed drink if you have a pax badge. For those who don't know the bars, sorry, but I can't advertise the name.
---
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Average_Joe_takes_on_Microsoft_over_the_360_units_and_wins
#9Quintious(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 7:31:57 PM
Resistance was just BAD. There's no other way to describe it. The gameplay was weak, and its obviously just "random hand and a gun game 25381701. NFS, the big issue there was poor AI. ME3 was just a scripted video. Graphically it looks great, even on giant LED screens. But the plot seems weak.

Add assassins creed to the bleh camp. But I've never been a fan of the series, so this is nothing new.

Line for Skyrim was 0 minutes, but I made a beeline for the giant dragon right as the gates opened.

I also liked uc3, though it was a bit more twitchy than I expected. Attack nuns was another surprise joy.

Out of everything so far, Id say league of legends and skyrim have been my faves.

Incidentally (for those who know of the bars I own), a free top shelf mixed drink if you have a pax badge. For those who don't know the bars, sorry, but I can't advertise the name.
---
#10rammtayPosted 8/26/2011 7:39:57 PM
You got to play twisted Metal? Lucky bastard.