This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese games have been as creative as ever

#1JahkeemyorkPosted 8/27/2011 2:02:53 AM
Seriously, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate Lost Odyssey, Ace Combat assault Horizon, 3D Dot Heroes, No More Heroes, Yakuka 3 & 4's system. They've all felt pretty fresh as wut. Yeah they're not jrpg's but to say Japan is lacking creativity is pretty weird to hear because they definitely seem to feel as quirky and awesome as they use to be. Just not JRPG's anymore.
#2XeonexFlashPosted 8/27/2011 2:13:34 AM
Yea, they are obviously more creative than a majority of western devs...
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#3Evil_GogetaPosted 8/27/2011 2:16:51 AM
XeonexFlash posted...
Yea, they are obviously more creative than a majority of western devs...

Sarcasm detected, Sarcasm Failed.
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona
#4ShippoyashaPosted 8/27/2011 2:18:44 AM
Western indies developers still has the most creativity overall in terms of the adventurous things they do with games and the direction they take it, but there's no actual shortage of ideas in the Japanese front. What's hurting Japanese gaming is that the Japanese still vastly prefer samey, legacy titles and smaller, creative games often don't get a day in the sun sales-wise. Games like Okami sold very badly in Japan while the sales in America basically saved it. It's ironic since I think Westerners are actually more open to Japanese games than the Japanese sometimes.
#5XeonexFlashPosted 8/27/2011 2:20:41 AM
There was no sarcasm to be detected, detection failed.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#6Evil_GogetaPosted 8/27/2011 2:24:19 AM
XeonexFlash posted...
There was no sarcasm to be detected, detection failed.

Further Sarcasm Detected.

In the end Japan devs and West devs are different this topic isn't even about the west just how JPN devs are not doing worse, just the JRPG side of things would rather create them for handhelds (cheaper to create).
---
#7Agent_GreerPosted 8/27/2011 2:29:34 AM
CoD is more creative than any Japanese game.
---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/Vanquish_Souls/RussianHipster-2.jpg
#8Evil_GogetaPosted 8/27/2011 2:31:49 AM
Agent_Greer posted...
CoD is more creative than any Japanese game.

Said Agent_Greer :).
---
#9thisranksPosted 8/27/2011 2:47:53 AM
Well, for some of us they were never JRPGs to begin with....just good old regular RPGs. Being regionally challenged and having an open mind doesn't go together very well. I'll stick with the open mind route. Open mind = creativity.

I have to agree that the creativity this gen hasn't let me down. I loved Ar tonelico Qoga and i have been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia nonstop since i started it up.
---
We're off to kick the regionally challenged right in their daddy-bags.
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 8/27/2011 3:54:19 AM(edited)
I dont know about any of you. But Ive been enjoying rpgs coming from japan this gen, just as much as any other........

I mean with golden sun in my ds, tactics ogre psp in my psp, super paper mario (and usually fire emblem) in my wii, lost oddessy (and agarest zero) in my 360, and a nice empty spot ready for disgaea 4 to slip into.

I dont have any issues........
---
Games to Watch: Ninokuni PS3,SRW OG 2,Tales of Xillia,Dragon Quest X, Beyond the Labyrinth,Paper Mario 3ds,7th dragon 2020, FF Type-0,LoH:Trails of Blue