This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes Deus Ex amazing is that NOTHING RESETS

#1JahkeemyorkPosted 8/28/2011 12:53:20 AM
The game has a very advanced, and very well place thing, in that when you do something it ultimately gives you that impact in the game. Let's say you're in detroit, you pick up a box to make a ladder up, you climbed the ladder you security hacked a door, knocked a guard out opened a draw and used the vent when you forgot to close it. After you go through to a different area or, well load back into your base or quit the game and start it up again. (But mainly loading a different area then returning later) everything you did, did not reset. The box you moved is in the same spot you put it. The guard you knocked out is still knocked out. The vent you opened is still opened.

It feels like everything you do in this game has a permanent impact to it, which really weighs heavily on what you want to do. I knocked out a shop keeper who sold weapons to me in detroit. Because i did this I just can't reload the game (Unless it saved before I knocked him out) and just go there he's officially out the game for good.
#2Agent_GreerPosted 8/28/2011 12:55:16 AM
Yeah, I noticed this too.

So sick of disappearing bodies in games. Bodies in real life don't magically disappear into thin air.
---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/Vanquish_Souls/RussianHipster-2.jpg
#3ShippoyashaPosted 8/28/2011 12:57:14 AM
Kind of an old trick with PC styled games really. Just that many console games don't really need that level of detail so they don't really use it.

Though games like Oblivion an Fallout 3 are impressive because the items largely stays the way they were (except bugs kind of gets in the way sometimes).

It's kind of funny with some RPGs where you go back to where you landed a fireball spell and you could see the damage many, many hours and quests later. I wish more games does that too.
#4loseswithluigiPosted 8/28/2011 1:13:32 AM
BioShock did a lot of this, probably the reason why it's file sizes get so huge.. It's regenerating enemies suck and make sense at the same time though.
---
PSN: SolidusSquirrel
#5SomnusNemorisPosted 8/28/2011 1:16:46 AM
Shmowzow!
#6Teepo64Posted 8/28/2011 1:17:56 AM
How enjoyable is it to b**** slap people?

Like really?
---
Naughty Dog presents... Unkarted: Drake's Drift.
We're going to race, and look cinematically sexy doing it.
#7TheCollectiveXPosted 8/28/2011 1:20:52 AM
Teepo64 posted...
How enjoyable is it to b**** slap people?

Like really?

Underwhelming. Each slap takes up a battery cell (equivalent to ammo), then you have to wait for it to recharge unless you have energy bars to consume
---
PSN/Steam: TheCollectiveX
http://www.last.fm/user/TCX2408
#8SolisPosted 8/28/2011 1:22:08 AM
What's funny about this topic is that it could have literally been posted 11 years ago word-for-word and it would still have been just as valid and made sense (well, except the reference to Detroit). Not saying that's a bad thing, just something I thought was somewhat amusing.

But yes, most games that don't have saves under severe space limitations will allow for the saving of environment objects and states. Although a majority of games are so linear that you never end up going through the same locations more than once, so you never really get to see anything that you've interacted with beforehand. Half-life is the earliest example I can recall for sure, but I'm pretty positive there were many others before it (maybe System Shock?).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#9RE_expert44Posted 8/28/2011 1:31:39 AM
Sadly in real life Detroit i cant leave things laying around or they will seem to disappear : / such is life in the D
---
|)|_ |_\_/|)|_|)|-http://i.imgur.com/JHixu.png
|\|__ |__/\| |__|\_| (b^.^b)Have a nice day.~Clan MLP:Where Friendship is Magic~
#10TheRatedR_ViperPosted 8/28/2011 1:33:52 AM
Sometimes it's dumb, why is a guy i knocked out still knocked out after flying to china and back?
---
Work it, make it, do it,
Makes us harder, better, faster, stronger!