This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like games with cartoonish graphics?

#31Battleship_GrayPosted 8/31/2011 8:07:37 PM
As an artist with a "cartoon/comic" style I love it. I thought PoP was a slog to play but absolutely gorgeous to look at. It's why I'll buy any Vanillaware games.

Truth be told I miss sprites and heavy cell shading. It allows for a much wider gamut of art styles and direction than more realistic rendering IMO.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com/#/d47jbym Now Drawing: breakdancing robots
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#32Demon_AckerPosted 8/31/2011 8:10:36 PM
Yeah, I love cel-shaded/cartoonish/anime style graphics.
#33BahamutRiderPosted 8/31/2011 11:04:50 PM
Yes, I tend to hate the "realistic" games. Of course "realistic" graphics have their place for sure, but these days more than ever it just reeks of laziness. You have the capability these days to make completely outlandish things that no hollywood team would have the means or inclination to but you waste it on copying reality. You know, the kind of thing we play video games when we want to look at something ELSE.
---
Haseo: C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, I'm right here...TAAAAXIIIIIII!!!!!
#34lambchipsPosted 9/1/2011 12:22:27 AM
i will always prefer sprites and cel shading over polygons
infact i dont think there are any 3d polygon games in my top 10 fav list

most of them uses celshading or sprites to bring out the aesthetics
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#35Res5Posted 9/1/2011 12:54:18 AM
XeonexFlash posted...
Doesn't really bother me. I find it has more creativity in its style, such as Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank ToD/ACiT

You know this reminds me that in ACiT they had the Insomniac Museum and they showed what they were originally gonna use for Ratchet: A more "humanoid" version but in the end they stuck with the original design and I'm glad they did cuz the "realistic/humanoid" version sucked ass and certainly wasn't Ratchet.

Poor Azimuth got the realism treatment though...
---
Favorite music genres: Metal, Rock and Dance/Techno
Favorite band: Disturbed
#36arstosPosted 9/1/2011 1:28:33 AM
lambchips posted...
i will always prefer sprites and cel shading over polygons
infact i dont think there are any 3d polygon games in my top 10 fav list

most of them uses celshading or sprites to bring out the aesthetics

this. although there are a few 3d games in my top 10. it's one of the main reasons i can't really get into the sfIv series or mvc3. gameplay is decent enough but it saddens me to look at it.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers, Unreal Tournament III. feel free to add me.