This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate on sequels? seriously

#1Merc009Posted 8/31/2011 6:01:29 PM
First MGS4 then GOW3

Is it cool to hate on games nowadays?
---
'when you're going through hell, keep going' - winston churchill
#2xavier_russellPosted 8/31/2011 6:04:17 PM
Yes. it is.
#3GM_Posted 8/31/2011 6:05:44 PM
You made a sequel to another post. You are teh overattedz!!!!

Yes, gamers like to whine these days.
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 8/31/2011 6:07:57 PM
Yes. If it seems popular it gets hate.Demon's Souls was praised by everyone and now everyone hates it.

Wait till people realize how popular Deus Ex is around here. It'll be hated soon enough.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
#5echa_OnePosted 8/31/2011 6:08:27 PM
I laik FFXIII-2 and caekz :p

This is the internet, what do you expect? Even that skinny kid is tough.
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
My Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=echa_One
#6SayoriaPosted 8/31/2011 6:12:24 PM(edited)
Because lately, it seems each company is trying to find a one hit wonder for their company to milk. Creativity gives options, variety and so on. One company in every what....20? attempts to actually be different. It sucks.

Activision: CoD
Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed
Square Enix: Final Fantasy
Santa Monica Studios: God of War
Naughtydog: Uncharted

....and Namco Bandai shown signs of the desire to milk the hell out of Enslaved if it sold well. They planned out having sequels and such too.

So many series can be played so many times. Kinda sad when there is one, if that, new console retail IP each year.
#7silenthill4vidPosted 8/31/2011 6:11:03 PM
yeah, demons souls is a good example. people thought they were special in the beginning, having to import it and praising it. now everyone has access to it and its a crap game thats overrated.
#8justchill433Posted 8/31/2011 6:15:29 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
yeah, demons souls is a good example. people thought they were special in the beginning, having to import it and praising it. now everyone has access to it and its a crap game thats overrated.

That makes no sense. It is and always has been a great game.

Also, I blame MGS2 for MGS4's subpar story. It had to be like that since MGS2 made such a mess of the story.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#9Cloudtail4everPosted 8/31/2011 6:18:07 PM
Off the top of my head, Uncharted 2 and Resident Evil 2 seem to get better reception than their formers.
---
PSN & XBL - Cloudtail4ever ~
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
#10kcypher2000Posted 8/31/2011 7:46:11 PM
I think the reason people hate on GoW3 is because they expected more from it. Yet it was still a button masher with no story or camera control. It was just GoW2 with prettier graphics and got outshined by Bayonetta.

Other sequels like UC2 improve upon the originals formula.