This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having to pay for DLC is ridiculous at times when you think about it

#1NeroBenoitPosted 9/2/2011 9:30:25 PM
We all now that one isn't obligated to purchase every DLC, or any at all for that matter. To me I just think it's ridiculous how they try to milk the consumers in this generation. In the past things like unlocking new costumes, characters, stages, etc were done by accomplishing a task of some sort in the game and you were rewarded with these additions for your hard work. At least that's how It used to be when I was younger. Now everything seems like a scheme to get money from the consumer in any way possible. Am I the only who sees it that way? Now instead your rewards take the form of trophies. What justifies the reason why you have to pay for stuff, which in my opinion, should have been in the game in the first place?
#2doraemonllh1989Posted 9/2/2011 9:32:23 PM
u see,the problem i dont like about dlc,its not that we need to pay for it,since we can choose to not buy it,but it gives me an impression that the games we bought are not "complete",thats the problem
---
AMD phenomx4 9650| 9800gt 1 gig ddr3 | Corsair TwinX 2 gig ram ddr2 800mhz | ASUS M2N-E
#3your other dad sayzPosted 9/2/2011 9:35:10 PM
I agree with both of you. When DLC is planned months before a game is released, it's kind of hard not to feel like you're buying an incomplete product.
---
Currently Playing: Xenogears (PS3), Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Xbox 360)
#4Crazy AJPosted 9/2/2011 9:35:15 PM
I don't mind buying DLC if it extends the gameplay (ie: new chapters, modes, etc.). But I can't stand costumes, music tracks, avatars, etc. Paying for stuff like that is bananas. It should be unlocked in-game. Nickel and diming gamers is a huge turn-off for me. I even go as far to not buy games that I notice have a lot of pointless nickel and diming DLC available.
---
Before forming an opinion, make sure to spend countless hours of research and analysis first.
crazyaj.com - PSN/XBL=crazyaejay
#5servb0tsPosted 9/2/2011 9:37:43 PM
This generation is milk and honey, Sad part is I know PS4 will be worst to consumers.
#6Crazy AJPosted 9/2/2011 9:39:45 PM
I can't imagine what the next 360 will be like. This one is littered with ad nauseum. Ads everywhere. It's like my 360 is a bum begging for spare change.
---
Before forming an opinion, make sure to spend countless hours of research and analysis first.
#7CooperRCPosted 9/2/2011 9:49:51 PM
My favorite is the "DLC" that is already included on the Blu-Ray disk, but still requires you to purchase the "DLC" in order to unlock it.
#8Crazy AJPosted 9/2/2011 9:55:17 PM
Yeah, that's ridiculous. I noticed that there's a lot of DLC that's included in free updates of games but you have to buy the DLC to unlock it.
---
#9Red LinkPosted 9/2/2011 9:55:57 PM
Have you ever noticed that games seem to have a lot fewer unlockables nowadays?
---
America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPQOBWP1ec
#10digidevilwilPosted 9/2/2011 9:57:04 PM(edited)
NeroBenoit posted...
We all now that one isn't obligated to purchase every DLC, or any at all for that matter. To me I just think it's ridiculous how they try to milk the consumers in this generation. In the past things like unlocking new costumes, characters, stages, etc were done by accomplishing a task of some sort in the game and you were rewarded with these additions for your hard work. At least that's how It used to be when I was younger. Now everything seems like a scheme to get money from the consumer in any way possible. Am I the only who sees it that way? Now instead your rewards take the form of trophies. What justifies the reason why you have to pay for stuff, which in my opinion, should have been in the game in the first place?

Unlockables still exist in games. Games cost more money to make now, and take more time to make, so they have to find more ways to make worthwhile profit. Get the hell over it.
---
Guilty Gear 2: Overture is the best game ever made.
Lightning iz mai waifu.