This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island metacritic score sits at 75 out of 100 based on 17 reviews so far...

#11psprulz2007Posted 9/5/2011 6:25:36 PM
Metacritic score means absolutely nothing to me. I dont even know the point of it. Its a great idea to gather a bunch of random biased (some unbiased) review sites take their scores and see what the end result is. (thats a joke) A game can recieve a bunch of good quality scores (like a 8) but have 1 or 2 morons give it a very low score thus lowering the overal score. Making sheep think oh my god its not 8.5 or higher it cant be good. Personally Dead Island is looking to be exactly what I want from a zombie game. From every review Ive read so far Ive heard thats its fun and a blast to play. If being fun and a blast to play is not enough to warrent playing then then whats the reason to game?
---
PSN- FeelinKorny
Nier is a lame overused gfaqs meme that needs to die.
#12lostkiwiPosted 9/5/2011 6:34:57 PM
Metacritic doesn't quite work like that - It's not an average score, but rather a normalisation. Those extreme reviews that give it an excessively higher or lower score receive less weighting, and therefore have less significance on the overall score.

I agree that people shouldn't put all of their decision making onto metacritic, however it still has a good purpose of acting as a benchmark, especially since many of these games don't have demos.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#13nclrwntrPosted 9/5/2011 6:36:22 PM
Forget the score. It's a question of whether or not you like the following things:

1. zombies
2. melee focused combat
3. degrading weapons
4. scarce health items
5. doing mindless sidequests that don't even make sense within the context of the game

You like that stuff? Get the game. You don't like that stuff? Don't get the game.