This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts and prayers with those who fight for our freedom..

#141thedevilsminion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2011 1:12:31 PM
osboes posted...
I don't think religion can never be proved or disproved in our lifetime (well I think so anyway, it would be ignorant of me to completely assume!). There's no point in arguing about it. In any case a religious debate is off topic to both the TC's topic and PS3 board.

Basically I think TC means thoughts and players are to the soldiers fighting for our our freedom to live free from fear and oppression ie playing on PS3 / doing what ever we want. That's a rather kind thing to express no matter how off topic it is. I think so anyway. Well TC if its any conciliation, yes there are many things that run through my thoughts at night and that is one of them. My prayers are with them too. For any atheist, I'm sure they'll agree they've spent a thought or two (as your topic also asked of) for those people even so.

But if there's one thing I'd like to add it would be to also spare a thought for the innocent people and rescuers who died during the world trade Centre tragedy. Whom were going about they're daily lives without knowing the risks. Who should, like us, have the chance to play Playstation 3 today.

Yes of course, those brave men and women who went and rescued without questioning there safety.

Yes I just meant like you said to stop for a moment and think, and then after you have thought, say a prayer or make a wish or whatever thanking them and hoping they come home safe.

And to make sure those who have given up the greatest gift of all LIFE itself in order that we live our lives as free men and women,

So thank you freedom fighters !!!!!!!!!
---
I like playing games at 4 20 in the afternoon and 4 20 in the morning, I like green tea and greenery. Pro choice is the only way to be !!
#142NaturalCalamityPosted 9/11/2011 1:21:51 PM
C Hiroki posted...
Agent_Greer posted...
I'm never having children because it isn't right for a living being to not have a choice whether they live or not. It is unfair and cruel to bring a living thing into this stupid ****ing moronic society and harsh cruel world.

Holy crap, I have no idea on how to respond to that.....your sense of morality is filled with issues

Yes. This is truly pathetic. I don't even know how to respond to this because I didn't think people were capable of being this ignorant, and moronic. But to answer your post, the meaning of life is to reproduce as a part of nature. It has always been, and it's still happening today.

Also, I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in any form of religion, but I respect others all the time. When I'm having dinner with relatives (who are Christian), I will close my eyes during prayers and blessings because I'm mature enough to deal with it. Even my family, who are Buddhists. I take my mom to temples, and I pray with her because she would want me to. But do I believe in it? No. But I do it to make others happy and that's how I've chosen to live my life. And trust me, I believe in facts over faith, and I believe in common sense over old stories. But I also heavily believe in culture, and realize is a big part of it.

Greer, learn how to respect others, especially if their religion is different from yours.

And I'm going to say this because I think it's a good analogy. You said the world religion made you open this topic, but you are sadly mistaken. It's like if someone posted the world "SPOILER." If you don't want to be spoiled, don't open the topic. You're an atheist, but this topic has nothing to do with God. I'm an atheist as well, so I don't know why you're feeling the way you're feeling. But I know where it comes from. Your sense of worth and living is truly pathetic, as that quote above is enough to tell everyone how despicable you really are.
---
My entourage is in camouflage; remove your mask, let down your visage...
#143NaturalCalamityPosted 9/11/2011 1:23:55 PM
Oh, and to be back on topic: I am very thankful of this country, and for all those citizens who risked their lives to keep us safe. I am truly honored to be a citizen in this great nation as well, and I hope our generation and even future generations can have a peaceful and swiss resolution. That is what I'll be praying for.
---
#144NaturalCalamityPosted 9/11/2011 1:26:59 PM
Agent_Greer posted...
archizzy posted...
Right because it is set in stone if you have a kid he will end up just like that right? There isn't a single child that has ever had a good time growing up right? Does messed up stuff happen sometimes? Sure it does. But acting like life is so miserable all of the time is overly dramatic.

If I truly thought this world was some horrific and cruel suffering then I wouldn't interact with it at all. I would disappear.
What if I decided to have a kid?

What if at age 37 he or she was tortured by a serial killer and murdered?

What if he or she hated life? What if that person suffered with a terminal illness? War?

Or was born with a crippling disease, etc.?

Or became a bum?

I can save a person so much pain in life by not having one. It is cruel to force a person to endure such things. sure, you never know what life is going to throw at you, but better to be safe than sorry.

Such a sad way to look at life. You even make atheists look bad.
---
#145thedevilsminion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2011 2:08:39 PM
Very well said thank you,
---
I like playing games at 4 20 in the afternoon and 4 20 in the morning, I like green tea and greenery. Pro choice is the only way to be !!
#146wiidundantPosted 9/11/2011 2:15:03 PM(edited)
NaturalCalamity posted...
Agent_Greer posted...
archizzy posted...
Right because it is set in stone if you have a kid he will end up just like that right? There isn't a single child that has ever had a good time growing up right? Does messed up stuff happen sometimes? Sure it does. But acting like life is so miserable all of the time is overly dramatic.

If I truly thought this world was some horrific and cruel suffering then I wouldn't interact with it at all. I would disappear.
What if I decided to have a kid?

What if at age 37 he or she was tortured by a serial killer and murdered?

What if he or she hated life? What if that person suffered with a terminal illness? War?

Or was born with a crippling disease, etc.?

Or became a bum?

I can save a person so much pain in life by not having one. It is cruel to force a person to endure such things. sure, you never know what life is going to throw at you, but better to be safe than sorry.

Such a sad way to look at life. You even make atheists look bad.

The biggest logical fallacy that exists in Atheism is that they condemn the religious for claiming an absolute without evidence all the while doing the same thing themselves. Claiming an absolute on something that cannot be known, whether positive or negative, is dumb. IMO the best and most logical place to be is as an agnostic. Similar to Schrodinger's cat, since we cannot know whether one is true and the other false, we can assume that both exist, simultaneously.
---
3DS: 3007-8102-4965
PSN: fenderstrathss
#147NuuTypePosted 9/11/2011 2:52:17 PM
thedevilsminion posted...
So we can play the PS3 whenever we want, I may not spend the whole day reflecting but I will spend some time thinking about it.

More accurately it's "those who fight for OUR CAPTIVITY"

-___- this country's people has a looong way to go.... it's somewhat depressing.
---
"Just my 2 though."
#148thedevilsminion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2011 2:56:31 PM
I live in Canada where do you live in captivity ? Are you in danger now posting on the web be careful mate
---