This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

II honestly think Sega is underated

#1JahkeemyorkPosted 9/11/2011 11:53:23 PM
I mean I understand they're not as big as they use to be with the dreamcast but even now I see them being a pretty underated company. They always seem to have a pretty strong line-up with them.

They Publish Platinum Games, so they get to have the rights for Bayonetta, Vanquish, Madworld ect all pretty unique games or at least games that took on a much more solid twist then the usual expectations of a genre. They have the Yakuza series, Valkyria Chronicles, a new rhythm thief game that looks really interesting. And yet I rarely see anything about them anywhere. It's usually like Capcom hate, Atlus love, Square-Enix hate/love ect ect.

I just wanna know what do you guys think of Sega? I don't think they've really crossed the line with anything yet, even DLC they've been pretty tame about it.
#2servb0tsPosted 9/11/2011 11:56:55 PM
actually TC Sega is slowly getting my respect back. They keep making amazing games,
#3ShippoyashaPosted 9/11/2011 11:58:40 PM
It's not that they don't have the talent. But they make boneheaded decisions all the time.

But the staff they do have are quite talented and can release some really good games. Even some of their recent superhero movie tie-in games aren't too bad anymore. They're getting better at a lot of games.

Still no excuse for letting so many legendary game series sit on the shelves. If they reboot all the great RPGs they had in the past, it'd give any RPG developer a run for their money.
#4peter_888Posted 9/11/2011 11:59:29 PM
I like Sega though its kind of hard since with no news if VC3 is getting localized or not.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Peter47890
#5RollingCradlePosted 9/12/2011 12:02:26 AM
Madworld and Vanquish fell flat, but Bayonetta was a step in the right direction.

Sega needs to man up and bring another Jet Set Radio to the table, some more Crazy Taxi, and some badass Outrun 2012 goodness to make me a truly happy camper.
#6Jahkeemyork(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 12:05:14 AM
"Vanquish fell flat"

I really do not see how Vanquish fell flat, the game gave one of the most intense Single Player campaigns I've played. It really never felt boring at all, the story was pretty weird for what it did but the gameplay (Which is what platinum is pretty much known for (besides Okami which had strong relations on story, but sitll great gameplay) was very solid. Challenge maps that were very challenging. Yes Vanquish had no MP and was a pretty short game, but really it was a very fun short game that didn't feel like it forcefully dragged itself on to me.
#7RollingCradlePosted 9/12/2011 12:09:04 AM
Nah, it was a bland attempt at an anime-style Gears of War, not as bad as Quantum Theory mind you, but still quite bad.
#8metroidcamPosted 9/12/2011 12:22:26 AM
Vanquish and madworld were some pretty great games, I do want me some jet set radio but to say those two games fell flat is a understatement vanquish a "anime style gears of war" gears is a tps unreal tournament, vanquish was bayonetta + shooter.
---
"Behold my friends, a spoon. The most powerful weapon in existence."
#9RollingCradlePosted 9/12/2011 12:36:52 AM
MadWorld is not even close to great, more like average.
#10SoliquidusPosted 9/12/2011 12:48:23 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Madworld and Vanquish fell flat, but Bayonetta was a step in the right direction.

Sega needs to man up and bring another Jet Set Radio to the table, some more Crazy Taxi, and some badass Outrun 2012 goodness to make me a truly happy camper.

Your opinions make me LOL almost all the time. Vanquish fell flat? Lol!!!!!!!
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing