This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

II honestly think Sega is underated

#41SuperPlatanoPosted 9/12/2011 6:07:28 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
Sega getting back into the Console Industry? I dont see it happening at all. It would be a bad business move on their part. Plus, do you really want another Console on the market that has exclusives? Yes, lets divide the industry more and more so that someone has to buy 4 or more Consoles just to play the games they want

Not to mention the 3DS or Vita
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
#42LICKWIDPAYNEPosted 9/12/2011 6:22:31 PM
I still cannot fathom how someone can objectively dislike Vanquish.
---
LICKWIDPAIN: R.I.P. 01/08 to 08/10 Don't bet acct. on release dates.
It feels good to be back though.
#43RollingCradlePosted 9/12/2011 6:25:42 PM
Perhaps its the clunky controls, bland art "style", terrible characters, short length, or a combination - who knows?
#44LICKWIDPAYNEPosted 9/12/2011 6:33:34 PM
RollingCradle posted...
Perhaps its the clunky controls, bland art "style", terrible characters, short length, or a combination - who knows?
Didn't know art style and terrible characters were objective but ok. Looks like you forgot to toss in gameplay in there as well. ;-) Damn near every game this game this gen is short so that is pretty moot.
---
LICKWIDPAIN: R.I.P. 01/08 to 08/10 Don't bet acct. on release dates.
It feels good to be back though.
#45Metalsonic66Posted 9/12/2011 6:37:51 PM
Nah, it was a bland attempt at an anime-style Gears of War

Vanquish>>>Gears

It had one of the most uncomfortable controllers ever made

LIES AND SLANDER
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69---Killzone clan: Slap and Tickle Division [STD]
Xfire ID: sp00nmonkey
#46SS_MetalSonicPosted 9/12/2011 7:24:56 PM
Shippoyasha posted...
Soliquidus posted...
I dont own a Dreamcast, and never have, but the first few years of the Dreamcast bein out were magical. I remember the first time I read about the Dreancast, It was in Gamepro, and it was codenamed Katana at the time. It was so interesting to read about something that at the time, was so powerful. I remember seeing the first screen of Sonic Adventure in the Mag too and just being so intrigued by the capabilites of the Katana.

Then with the whole Marketing Campaign, and the Commercials. 9 9 99. I still remember alot of those Commercials. Sonic screaming at the end of one of those Commercials " We got Em!!!!!"

The look of the System, the Controller, and the great graphics back then. The first time I saw Shenmue, I was like WTF. That looks unbelievable. Also Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, Ready 2 Rumble and Hydro Thunder. Hydro Thunder looked so much better than the Playstations version. The Online Capabilites with Phantasy Star and Alien Front Online were great as well. I remember those Commercials with AT&T and the dude playing Sonic. So cool

Of course after a while, the PS2 started to become hyped up as well. That was also quite magical, but there was something special about the Dreamcast. It will always hold a place in gaming.

You would have felt the impact much better if you owned it near the time of release. It was just one after another game release with the new idea that games were finally totally arcade loyal (like how so many fighting games actually used the Capcom arcade board NAOMI chip, hence it actually becoming nearly arcade perfect for so many games). Then there was stuff like Code Veronica, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia just coming out in successive months of quickfire AAA releases. It was really crazy at 2000-2001 when it was happening.

And for me, the first 'High Def' gaming experience was Soul Calibur 1. That was the first console game that really made me go wow and it was stuck in my Dreamcast for like forever. And the higher polygon count and sharpness of the graphics, it showed to me what the future of gaming would look like (essentially the coming of high def gaming with all that visual sharpness and none of the 'blurry textures' and 'mushy jagginess' of most games that attempted 3D polygonal visuals at the time. Of course, looking back on the actual game now, it isn't quite as sharp as current HD games of course.

this + Grandia
---
PSWiiPC60DS -- Deus Ex, Crysis , SuperMario Bros, SC :Conviction , LIMBO
Dirt 3 , God of war 3, Mortal Kombat , Killzone 3, Mass effect 2 , DarkVoid, Alan Wake