This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else feel competitive shooters have gotten worse.....

#1kloud 11Posted 9/12/2011 11:14:08 AM(edited)
... throughout this generation. Games like Resistance 1, Halo 3, Killzone 2, Warhawk, Shadowrun, Team Fortress 2, etc were and still are the most competitively fun games this generation. Halo, Killzone, Resistance series have all gotten worse it seems.

None of the competitive shooters released now can hold my interest for very long. Brink was close but was too flawed. Seems COD syndrome has ruined the spirit of competitive shooters
#2marko7Posted 9/12/2011 11:11:44 AM
Killzone 2 is definitely the most addictive and fun competitive online shooter I've played this gen.

Disappointed at what turned out to be killzone 3. Its like they took everything unique and good about killzone 2 and said "right, how can we make this just like every other shooter?"

I did like the jetpacks in Killzone 3 though.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII (on mobile) Boards 2011
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#3kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 11:15:52 AM(edited)

Killzone 2 is definitely the most addictive and fun competitive online shooter I've played this gen.

Disappointed at what turned out to be killzone 3. Its like they took everything unique and good about killzone 2 and said "right, how can we make this just like every other shooter?"

I did like the jetpacks in Killzone 3 though.

agree with you there. i put about 200 hours into KZ2 online and got tired of KZ3 online at about the 20 hours mark. The game lost its identity and became another interchangeable mindless shooter.
#4tonyalmaedaPosted 9/12/2011 11:25:33 AM
If MAG had more Maps it would be my top online shooter. MAG and MG0 was what I was best at. I liked Killzone2, Warhawk, Uncharted2 But I just wasnt good at them.

Cod is influencing online shooters more and more every year, which is why games lose their identities. Seems like every game has some sort of Killstreak.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#5kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 11:26:57 AM
forgot to mention MAG, that game is a lot of fun too.
#6kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 1:38:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7VeetNamPosted 9/12/2011 3:03:17 PM
laffs @ kids who try to earn 'bad ass factor' in shooters to be a cool kid. shooters are fun but mindless and skill-less
---
White folks "Resident Evil and Metal gear Solid are western game you fools!!!" PSN: IrishGrenadier
#8CrimsonGear80Posted 9/12/2011 3:07:10 PM
The game lost its identity and became another interchangeable mindless shooter.

K3 is literally the same thing as K2 with more stuff. i don't see how it's worse than K2. To me, it's a whole lot better. The MOVE support is killer.
---
http://twitter.com/EliotBallade, http://www.youtube.com/user/CrimsonGear80
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#9kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 3:09:41 PM(edited)
KZ3 plays nothing like KZ2. How you can even make that statement is beyond me.

laffs @ kids who try to earn 'bad ass factor' in shooters to be a cool kid. shooters are fun but mindless and skill-less

what is this trash?
#10kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 3:09:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]