This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just bought a ps3 and i need help with display

#11archizzyPosted 9/12/2011 8:21:18 PM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
alright done, but what about Deep Color Output and Cross Color Reduction. Leave them off or on?

Cross color reduction is only for 480i using a composite or S-Video cable. Don't worry about it. You can leave deep color in auto whether your tv supports it or not.

If you see you are receiving 36 bit you know your tv supports it, if it says 24 bit or nothing at all then it isn't using it.

It isn't a major issue. It only aids in data transfer. All blu-ray is native 8 bit (24 bit, R,G,B) There is no physical media that outputs deep color. It simply interpolates to aid in error free transmission.

The PS3 has always had this defaulted to on since day 1 but awhile back there was a firmware update that allowed you to shut it off. You can just leave it on auto. Pretty much all blu-ray players output with interpolated deep color these days and most ISF techs calibrate with it on.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#12LinkIsSpartan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 5:37:04 PM
why is it that black ops looks better on my xbox than my ps3 if i have the same display settings on my console?...on ps3 the color looks dull and certain areas like fuzzy.
---
[ O o SKYLINE o O ] GT: Blitz Tuned GTR
March 21st, the world wept when i took my first breath
#13archizzyPosted 9/13/2011 6:56:03 PM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
why is it that black ops looks better on my xbox than my ps3 if i have the same display settings on my console?...on ps3 the color looks dull and certain areas like fuzzy.

There could be an infinite number of reasons. Every component whether it is a game machine, blu-ray player, DVD player or whatever will handle things differently. Every AVR and every tv will have different circuitry and deal with HDMI and component differently.

This is why universal settings don't work along with other reasons. This is why people in their home theatres will do a calibration for tv, one for their blu-ray player, and so on.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton