This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Blue Ray get scratched?

#1FullMetalPanicPosted 9/12/2011 9:34:45 PM(edited)
I usually buy new games, but recently bought 1 used game off Amazon, and it looked like new, with zero scratches. So my question is, was the previous owner just really careful? or do blue rays never get scratched? I've heard they don't as easily as DVD's.
---
- My current systems -
| PS2 | PS3 | Wii | PSP-3000 | DSi XL | 3DS | <Games: 134>
#2jubjub_28Posted 9/12/2011 9:33:48 PM
they scratch, but you would have to put some effort into it.
---
The difference between FACT and OPINION, get it right.
http://to.pbs.org/6mfRCV
#3Elements012894Posted 9/12/2011 9:48:12 PM
They are scratch resistant as far as I know. They aren't invulnerable to scratching if thats what you want to know.
---
3D is to MK what live-action is to Mario.Never again.-Jeriakimefu
PSN- tazz1989
#4Acient_SoldierPosted 9/12/2011 9:49:31 PM
jubjub_28 posted...
they scratch, but you would have to put some effort into it.

like using a knife
---
Long Live Play
#5PorungaPosted 9/12/2011 9:56:36 PM
yeah, you REALLY have to try to scratch them
#6poopninjamvc3mkPosted 9/12/2011 9:59:16 PM
WTF is a Blue Ray?! Isn't that a beam of blue light? Jokes aside I know that bluray does scratch but you gotta actually try to scratch it lol.
---
WelcometoPlaystation where daplayersplay,and360sredring likeeveryday. Bigfeatures hitexclusives,seehaterstrollin,and CODdon'tstoptill8indamorning.-Starbucks_Fan
#7SoberCleanLadyPosted 9/12/2011 10:11:43 PM
One of the workers at my Gamestop told me a story of a guy that brought in a game that he scratched to hell just to show him how tough Blu-Ray is.

Apparently the guy ran it over with his car a few times and scrapped it around the pavement, said his PS3 still played it but it skipped a lot.

I don't advise anyone to do this, and who knows if the story is true, but it does take quite a lot to scratch one.
---
If you're reading this, that means DrunkBeardGuy has been naughty recently
#8TheCyborgNinjaPosted 9/12/2011 11:06:29 PM
Idiots always manage to scratch their discs up.
---
Captain Anderson also has his picture on his desk. Kaidan is such a slut. - khrulez
#9killakPosted 9/13/2011 1:26:54 AM
They can be scratched, without a knife and when they're decently scratched, they're useless because the data layer sits right underneath the top layer.

Essentially, a DVD will continue to work with quite a bit of scratching, whereas the comparable blu-ray would be dead. It's just harder to scratch in comparison to a DVD.
---
.....If you can't handle criticism as well as praise, don't put your thoughts into the public space.....
#10osboesPosted 9/13/2011 1:31:48 AM
What a difference we've come from since the PS1 disks days.