This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Blue Ray get scratched?

#11doraemonllh1989Posted 9/13/2011 1:34:17 AM
define scratch,minor scratch yes,which means it can only be noticeable under certain angle or light,blu ray is scratch resistant but doesnt mean it wont get scratch,for SERIOUS scratch,which means will totally kill the disc itself or gameplay,no it wont unless your blu ray drive **** up on u
---
AMD phenomx4 9650| 9800gt 1 gig ddr3 | Corsair TwinX 2 gig ram ddr2 800mhz | ASUS M2N-E
#12nofxcrackerPosted 9/13/2011 4:17:54 AM
I bought Heavenly Sword used from a GameStop, but asked to see the disc before I bought it.

"It will be fine, Blu-Ray doesn't really scratch" he said as he flipped it over to show me an inch and a half long deep scratch across the bottom of the disc. "Oh. I'll get you another copy. But they usually don't scratch."
---
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta
#13shahed1987Posted 9/13/2011 4:30:05 AM
While they will still get scratched, they are more resistant than CD's or DVD's.

Back during the PS1 days, discs would get scratched after a while and then couldn't be played on if it got too bad. While not common, it wasn't exactly rare either.

As for DVD's, they're more resistant compared to CD's. Barely any of my PS2 or 360 games got scratched. I can only think of MGS2 and Halo 3, but then I played them both a lot. They still work fine though

As for Blu-ray's, none of them have scratched for me. Even my really old titles like Heavenly Sword and MGS4 still look pretty much new.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shahed1987&show=0&order=4
PSN/XBL Tag: Shahed1987
#14Thermador446Posted 9/13/2011 4:55:26 AM
Of course all discs can get scratched; But the blu-ray laser can ignore minor scratches in movies.
---
PSN: MARKLAR420
Codename: Dutchess
#15jubjub_28Posted 9/13/2011 6:32:24 PM
nofxcracker posted...
I bought Heavenly Sword used from a GameStop, but asked to see the disc before I bought it.

"It will be fine, Blu-Ray doesn't really scratch" he said as he flipped it over to show me an inch and a half long deep scratch across the bottom of the disc. "Oh. I'll get you another copy. But they usually don't scratch."

lmao, that def sounds like something from gamestop.
---
The difference between FACT and OPINION, get it right.
http://to.pbs.org/6mfRCV