This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So predict the controversy on this gem...

#1thelastmonkPosted 9/13/2011 6:30:00 PM(edited)
How big of a controversy ****storm do you see coming following this one?

Slavery: The Game

You play as European slave trader and you go to Africa and whatnot buying and selling slaves. Then you get to beat them and do what ever else slave owners do, I don't know the trailer and site aren't too descriptive

http://www.slaverythegame.com/home.php

It's coming out for PC, PS3 and Xbox360
---
Like a wise man once said [insert my post here].
#2servb0tsPosted 9/13/2011 6:32:14 PM
Any company stupid enough to bring this out and the system that promotes this will suffer massive sales loss.
#3poopninjamvc3mkPosted 9/13/2011 6:32:45 PM
olllllllld lol. It's a ad for a uk(or whatever country) history show. Been debunked for a while.
---
WelcometoPlaystation where daplayersplay,and360sredring likeeveryday. Bigfeatures hitexclusives,seehaterstrollin,and CODdon'tstoptill8indamorning.-Starbucks_Fan
#4thelastmonk(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 6:35:19 PM
poopninjamvc3mk posted...
olllllllld lol. It's a ad for a uk(or whatever country) history show. Been debunked for a while.

Oh really? That's too bad. I didn't know. This was the first I've heard of it.

I still kinda wished it was true just to see the ****storm it would have caused.
---
Like a wise man once said [insert my post here].
#5zyrax2301Posted 9/13/2011 6:37:01 PM
I would buy this game.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6poopninjamvc3mkPosted 9/13/2011 6:37:47 PM
thelastmonk posted...
poopninjamvc3mk posted...

Oh really? That's too bad. I didn't know. This was the first I've heard of it.

I still kinda wished it was true just to see the ****storm it would have caused.

lol I know what you mean. Fox News would be all over this like white on. Also can't forget all the butthurt ppl that get offened over everything.
---
WelcometoPlaystation where daplayersplay,and360sredring likeeveryday. Bigfeatures hitexclusives,seehaterstrollin,and CODdon'tstoptill8indamorning.-Starbucks_Fan
#7zyrax2301Posted 9/13/2011 6:41:58 PM
TBH I don't think Fox would care much, this game wouldn't catch the attention of many middle-class white mothers.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8chaosAD2005Posted 9/13/2011 7:21:36 PM
I found the video rather funny if people thought the whole RE 5 thing was controversial than this would take the cake.

Thing is i doubt about its seriousness.
---
klatu verata nik... oh wait what was the rest?
#9THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/13/2011 7:24:56 PM
I heard Gamestop will have a special pre-order whip.....

Nobody would be so desperate to release this type of game to get attention.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#10LessThan0CoolPosted 9/13/2011 7:35:57 PM
I would get it. It would be one step closer to making adult only games so the industry wouldn't be undermining the whole point of having an A only rating in the first place. A few of my favorite films would be butchered if they were forced to have an R rating oppose to NC-17 or Unrated, so why not make independent, Adult rated games?

Besides, I didn't see anything in that game that seemed like it needed an Adult rating. Looks like Mafia Wars with slavery, M for mature. *spoilers for Fallout 3* In Fallout 3 you could sell a kid to slavers which isn't a big deal. But it got an M rating and rightly so! *end of spoilers*

Anybody find it suspicious though that games have been mimicking Quentin Tarantino's style lately?

Grindhouse - Wet
Inglourious Basterds - The Saboteur
Django Unchained(which has to do with slavery) - Now, Slavery: The Game.

Just a thought.