This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So less than a week out of the box I notice dead pixels on my HDTV

#1PhoenixRushPosted 9/15/2011 8:10:23 AM
I don't know if they were there all along. According to the manual of my tv it doesn't mean I have a bad set. But then I contacted customer service. It's a Panasonic Viera if that matters. When I contacted them they said I should try resetting the TV so I did and nothing happened. They then claimed it needs to be repaired. I asked what was wrong and they were very vague.

But the manual of the TV says this kind of thing doesn't mean the set is bad. Do they just want my money or can I leave it alone and not have any problems? I've noticed 2 really small pixels and one longer and stronger one.
---
October 24th, gaming's most badass character returns with more skills in kicking ass and dancing than ever before. And he's not alone. BE READY.
#2Rarehunter_idolPosted 9/15/2011 8:14:09 AM(edited)
If you can get it swapped where you bought it, do that. Otherwise if it bothers you and you have any doubts at all, get Panasonic to give it a look over. Though i don't think there's all that much dead pixels can do, they're pretty harmless from what i know (which to be fair, isn't much).

My TV has a dead pixel, but thankfully it's just the one and i never notice it's there anymore because i'm so used to it. It's green!
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#3dj___rollPosted 9/15/2011 9:46:52 AM
PhoenixRush posted...
I don't know if they were there all along. According to the manual of my tv it doesn't mean I have a bad set. But then I contacted customer service. It's a Panasonic Viera if that matters. When I contacted them they said I should try resetting the TV so I did and nothing happened. They then claimed it needs to be repaired. I asked what was wrong and they were very vague.

But the manual of the TV says this kind of thing doesn't mean the set is bad. Do they just want my money or can I leave it alone and not have any problems? I've noticed 2 really small pixels and one longer and stronger one.

If it's only a week old, take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for another.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#4aken909Posted 9/15/2011 9:58:08 AM
The TV will probably have a long normal life. That said I personally would not accept a TV with burned out pixels and would return it or have it warranty repaired.