This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I backup my own PS3 saves to USB Stick, will it effect trophies?

#1XystencePosted 9/16/2011 10:48:45 PM
I know that you cannot get trophies if you download other peoples saves, but if I backup my own, restore my PS3 and then restore my own saved games and utilize the same pen account and everything, will that effect trophies and such?

I am buying a new hard drive and I do not have the means to back up everything, plus it gives me a reason to do some spring cleaning of all my stuff, but I do not want to lose anything in that respect. I could do the cloud backup thing with PSPlus but I would like to know regardless

Thank you in advance!
#2AppendectomyPosted 9/16/2011 10:50:06 PM
yeah you get all your trophies if you synced em up online. then restore your ps3 and get back online they will be there
---
PSN: Michael_Richards
#3chrisat928Posted 9/16/2011 10:50:33 PM
Unless the saves are locked, you'll be fine.

Otherwise, Full Backup or Plus Online Saves are your only option.
---
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
#4Xystence(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 10:54:59 PM
Ok I think I will sync the PS3 stuff online and only save the ps2 and ps1 memory card stuff to usb. When I sync it says I can only download saves once every 24 hours. Once I reinstall and get everything done will there be a way to like sync all at once back to ps3, I do not see an option for this.

Thanks for the help!
#5AppendectomyPosted 9/16/2011 10:59:16 PM
you're f'ing goofy man. just go to your trophy collection hit triangle. hit sync trophies. as for your save files. click triangle click copy. then click what you want to copy it too. restore your system/replace hdd/buy a new system whatever. log onto your account copy saves off whatever back onto current hdd/console whatever. if you have psn games at worst you'll have to go back into the psn store and redownload it
---
#6Xystence(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 11:05:07 PM
That was not my question though. I figured that part out. My questions is this, when I am copying the saves to the cloud, its telling me I can only download saves from the cloud once every 24 hours after a single upload or download. Which means if I have thirty game it could take 30 days to download all of the saves from the cloud if I cannot download them all at once.
#7AppendectomyPosted 9/16/2011 11:06:22 PM
oh yeah i dunno man sorry i never used that feature because its a piece of ****
---
#8Xystence(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 11:08:29 PM
I do not disagree with you, it is a little silly how it works. Was just hoping to find out from someone who has lol.
#9chrisat928Posted 9/16/2011 11:09:59 PM
Xystence posted...
That was not my question though. I figured that part out. My questions is this, when I am copying the saves to the cloud, its telling me I can only download saves from the cloud once every 24 hours after a single upload or download. Which means if I have thirty game it could take 30 days to download all of the saves from the cloud if I cannot download them all at once.

No, what that means is that if you upload a locked save file to the online saves, you can only copy back from the online saves once every 24 hours.

There is no limit, other than the 150MB limit, to the saves you can put on or take off. You can upload 30 different games and download those same saves back all in one day.
---
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
#10Xystence(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 11:23:18 PM
Ok that makes so much more sense! Thank you so much for clearing that up!