This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Torn on whether or not to buy Burnout Crash...

#1POOKISTANPosted 9/19/2011 9:47:46 PM
It's commin' out tomorrow and though I do love Burnout (I've played it since the original but it didn't really get amazing 'til the second one and peaked at 3), I can't say this release doesn't leave me with a mild feeling of resentment and I think alotta' people share that feeling. I mean it's been a really long time since Burnout Paradise came out so them coming out with something like this is kinda' a slap in the face to fans especially considering the added features in Paradise actually seemed to detract from the Burnout experience.

The open-world style is interesting and adds new elements such as exploration but when it comes down to races it can really ruin the experience. I mean the map is really not that clear as-to where you are supposed to go and if you take a single wrong turn the AI will completely decimate you. Not only that but this title took on all the marketing whoredom EA could churn out (that's prolly why there hasn't been a sequel yet: Because they're comfortable with the income from the excessive amounts of downloads for the game).

Even though all those are true I've liked top-down racers for quite some time so I'm not really bothered by the perspective all that much. Also, even if Burnout games have been getting progressively worse for the most part since 3, they are still all damn good games. As always though, I hate giving any income to EA due to their marketing practices but it can't be denied they've got contracts on some of the best names out there which is pretty damn unfortunate...

Bah - I'll prolly still get it but this is really not cool. For $10 it's prolly worth it but "it's prolly worth it for $10" really doesn't capture the disappointment that they even bothered to throw such a tiny bone to fans, as always, in the name of profit...
#2chrisat928Posted 9/19/2011 9:48:41 PM
Not worth it.
---
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
#3POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 9:56:48 PM
Bump?
#4A_Nonny_MoosePosted 9/19/2011 10:20:31 PM

I've liked top-down racers for quite some time

It's not a racing game, it's just the crash mode. In case you didn't know.
---
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#5POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 10:39:11 PM
I understand that - The point is the perspective doesn't bother me...
#6gm914Posted 9/20/2011 12:15:20 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
It's commin' out tomorrow and though I do love Burnout (I've played it since the original but it didn't really get amazing 'til the second one and peaked at 3), I can't say this release doesn't leave me with a mild feeling of resentment and I think alotta' people share that feeling. I mean it's been a really long time since Burnout Paradise came out so them coming out with something like this is kinda' a slap in the face to fans especially considering the added features in Paradise actually seemed to detract from the Burnout experience.

The open-world style is interesting and adds new elements such as exploration but when it comes down to races it can really ruin the experience. I mean the map is really not that clear as-to where you are supposed to go and if you take a single wrong turn the AI will completely decimate you. Not only that but this title took on all the marketing whoredom EA could churn out (that's prolly why there hasn't been a sequel yet: Because they're comfortable with the income from the excessive amounts of downloads for the game).

Even though all those are true I've liked top-down racers for quite some time so I'm not really bothered by the perspective all that much. Also, even if Burnout games have been getting progressively worse for the most part since 3, they are still all damn good games. As always though, I hate giving any income to EA due to their marketing practices but it can't be denied they've got contracts on some of the best names out there which is pretty damn unfortunate...

Bah - I'll prolly still get it but this is really not cool. For $10 it's prolly worth it but "it's prolly worth it for $10" really doesn't capture the disappointment that they even bothered to throw such a tiny bone to fans, as always, in the name of profit...

Dude, you probably spent more time procrastinating and typing than you will be playing it.
I've seen enough 90sec videos of this (which I've realised gives me headaches- that f****** annoying guys voice!) to think there's not much more to this game than what a demo will offer.
Frankly I'm shocked there IS a demo. They just screwed themselves out of duping people who see "Burnout" and buy it blindly...lol
---
Under the 'cheats' section on GameFAQs, there should just be pictures of the CEO's of Capcom, EA, Ubisoft and Activision.