This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

L.A. Noire or Deus EX: Human Revolution

#31KOTRwhoopsPosted 9/22/2011 11:18:30 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
LA Noire got pretty terrible reviews.

No it didn't. You are obviously one of these numptys that thinks lower than a 9 means the game is terrible.
---
PLAYING - Resident Evil 4 HD (360), Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), Too Human (360)
MOST WANTED - Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Vrs XIII, Resident Evil 6, Skyrim
#32tisukoPosted 9/22/2011 11:22:10 AM
Deus Ex
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2263/cavejohnson.jpg - yes, i would love to do that.
#33mdomales85Posted 9/22/2011 11:27:52 AM
deus ex is amazing, although it is alot to take in at first.
expect to spend a decent amount of time exploring, talking, and hacking.
what i mean is, the combat is fun but there are large stretches of the game where you won't even draw your weapons.
the music is a high point, the icarus main theme is so atmospheric, mysterious and beautiful... it really fits the game.
for me, not a rental since i can only really game after work and on weekends, the latter being the only time i can put significant hours in.
deus ex also has replay value since you can approach the game in different ways... provided you don't break the game with the infinite xp glitch on your first playthrough.
---
a coward dies a thousand deaths... a soldier dies but once.
what do you think i am, a euthanasia service? -Iori, King of Fighters EX2
#34ShoGunZekPosted 9/22/2011 8:57:51 PM
I like L.A. Noire.
---
Nash is always talking about if it was real he'd kick everybody's ass... all you'd have to do to beat him... is kick him in his quad. ~Hoochzilla (12/8/2010)
#35KingAvatar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 11:11:40 PM
I think I will like L.A. Noire. It's just surprising to me so many people find it to be a disappointment.
#36SaggyMaggiePosted 9/23/2011 6:23:30 AM
LA Noire is BRILLIANT!!!.... For about two hours. Then its just incredibly boring. Its 1 of the few games I just completely gave up on the idea of getting a platinum.

Im right near the end of Deus Ex and although by the half way point I was loving the game. Ive kind of burnt out on it and havnt touched it in at least a week.

Strictly out of these two I would say Deus Ex by a mile. But tbh im sure there are better games out there you havnt played yet.
---
PSN: SaggyMaggie
#37KodegaPosted 9/23/2011 7:05:59 AM
L.A. Noire isn't bad technically wise. The controls are fine and there's no glaring obvious problems. The music, sound effects are nice and the graphics are decent enough (for as much as the facial software was touted I didn't find it looked that great quite honestly.) I can't fault the game on any of it's technical aspects.

It's just the game is so, well, boring. It's honestly the most boring games I've ever played in recent memory.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#38PolishSovereignPosted 9/23/2011 9:09:48 AM
Famicom_Girl posted...
Deus Ex.

LA Noire is bad.

---
Second PS3 YLoD / 3rd hardware failure 4/26/11
#39captpluto99Posted 9/23/2011 9:14:01 AM
I'm renting L.A. Noire and it's certainly unique and interesting. It does have issues like typical floaty Rockstar movement controls, but it is fun. I'm glad I didn't buy it because it will probably have no replay value.