This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ICO/SotC HD

#21oasisbeyondPosted 9/22/2011 11:05:40 AM
PAPERGEARFLYMSY knows nothing about games. You pointed out everything what makes them unique and great. Why should every game have enemies in between bosses? That's the whole point of the game, is to find how to put them down.

You are clearly a Cod gamer or someone that doesn't know much about good games.
Ico and SOTC are two of the most beautiful games ever made. If you don't dig them... That's cool, everyone loves different things in life. But these are two games made by passionate dev's that do what they love. And that's something you should be happy about. There's plenty of Zelda clones out there, or Cod's, Halo's, Gears, UC...

We need more originality, and maybe if gamers like you would open your mind a little the gaming industry wouldn't be struggling right now with a lack of genres and ideas.
#22QuasherPosted 9/22/2011 11:07:34 AM
and this one runs at 60 and probably will have some slow down, not sure though.

Where'd you hear that SOTC would run at 60 fps? The Eurogamer article stated that both titles had a solid, v-synced 30 fps; according to their analysis the PS3 should have been able to handle ICO at a stable 60fps in 720p mode, but unfortunately (for 60fps fans) Blue Point Games did not opt to create that option for that resolution.
---
cats are OK - purrr
dogs are OK - wooof
#23armorvilPosted 9/22/2011 11:14:37 AM(edited)
xmcpherso posted...
Ok, I'll give you that. But those people don't play games for the same reason I do. Call of Duty, for example, is infinitely more simple than ICO in my book. Run, kill, hide, kill. Zero emotion. Casual gaming isn't my thing.

My thoughts exactly. I play games for the same reason as you. I feel that most games work the same as Pong, just fun ways to pass your time, while others, such as Another World, the older Final Fantasies, Suikoden 1, 2, and 3, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3, Heavy Rain, etc (there are more, but definitely not enough) are a step above. ICO and SotC are also in that category. The category of games that use the media not only for immediate fun, but to tell you engrossing stories, to play with your emotions.
---
PSN : armorvil
#24oasisbeyondPosted 9/22/2011 11:23:19 AM
The thing with SOTC is that everyone that plays it will say... How come there's no enemies?"
And then some will quit playing. The ones that keep playing... In the end will get it.
You feel like the character on the screen, you try try to find the Collosy and try to find a way to put them down. Using a guide kills all of this, you must do it alone. You also ask yourself throughout the game. "Why am I even trying to save this girl?"
The game barely has a story, you make it your own story in the end. The ending is one of the most touching endings ever made. If you don't get sad, then clearly these type of games has 0 emotion for you.
In this it's all about the Wanderer, Horse, and girl. You even feel bad for the collosus in the end, but it's just something you need to do to save the girl.

Ico is kinda that same. It's all about the girl and why are you even trying to save her? And who is she?

In thr Last Guardian will be that dog / bird creature... And I think this one will be damn sad, I cant imagine that thing dying at the end!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

Can't wait.
#25xmcphersoPosted 9/22/2011 11:39:24 AM
ArmorVil001 and oasisbeyond, we should be friends.
---
yes. that would be dark.
PSN: thatwouldbedark
#26armorvilPosted 9/22/2011 11:57:36 AM(edited)
I think PeterEliot nailed pretty well why Ico is so good, and I suggest anyone who finished it, to read his Plot/Story Guide (in the PS2 ICO section). I also know that sometimes, a person I know had to basically spoil a certain story to me to raise my interest and make me watch said movie/ read said book or play said game. So yeah, I think that people who lean towards the "no" answer, when asked if they'll buy the game, should read it. Even though it's of course full of spoilers, it might show them that the game really is worth the purchase.

I'm not sure if someone who didn't play the game beforehand could stomach reading the whole FAQ, though. Perhaps I breezed through it and greatly enjoyed it, because I finished the game and knew what Peter was talking about.

EDIT:

ArmorVil001 and oasisbeyond, we should be friends.

Yeah, I added both of you ;)
---
PSN : armorvil
#27PAPERGEARFLIMSYPosted 9/22/2011 12:45:55 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
PAPERGEARFLYMSY knows nothing about games. You pointed out everything what makes them unique and great. Why should every game have enemies in between bosses? That's the whole point of the game, is to find how to put them down.

You are clearly a Cod gamer or someone that doesn't know much about good games.
Ico and SOTC are two of the most beautiful games ever made. If you don't dig them... That's cool, everyone loves different things in life. But these are two games made by passionate dev's that do what they love. And that's something you should be happy about. There's plenty of Zelda clones out there, or Cod's, Halo's, Gears, UC...

We need more originality, and maybe if gamers like you would open your mind a little the gaming industry wouldn't be struggling right now with a lack of genres and ideas.

Not a all brah,
Everblue 2, Gitaroo Man, Skygunner, ZoE. They are the real classics last gen not these boring, pretentious "games", I see right through the pseudo-art foolishness.
---
This sentence has five words.
#28BasementDewdPosted 9/23/2011 7:48:57 PM
pass on it bro
---
I'll read your post after you finish Demon's Souls, Infamous and Folklore