This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which games look best on a hd television?

#41A_Nonny_MoosePosted 9/24/2011 6:51:43 PM

Just got a brand new 42 HD television today and I want to know what the best looking game or games are on a HD screen?

Any current gen game will look amazing in HD if you've only ever played them in SD until now.
---
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#42torasuPosted 9/24/2011 7:08:08 PM
If you really wanna down to the grimey details like the so called pro's do, here is a list of the majority of ps3 games and there NATIVE RESOLUTIONS. (there. No more being lazy. I'll type out everything fully) don't trust what the back of the game boxes say, TC, the raw facts are right here http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

*heroic voice* for the videophile in you
even has 360 games

P.s. I should stop going to the vita and 3ds boards, since I had no IDEA just how critical and sensitive you ps3 board guys are. I want to learn to have OCD too!! Everything must be perfect. Oh and again, in case anyone missed it:
Due to my increasingly lazy lifestyle, I did not fully explain what I meant in those posts before, especially pertaining to native and supported resolutions, and I apologize. Kudos to those who called me out. Lesser men (and women) would have missed it
---
---"These toys are too much for you! I command you to return them to me!"
Zelda OoT> every other video game on earth MWR:111764018955
#43archizzyPosted 9/24/2011 7:15:40 PM
Grow up. You are the one who laughed at someone and types "not sure if serious" trying to mock them and then you want to get all smarmy and talk about being sensitive and continue to try to downplay it and backpedal.

You were simply wrong when talking about resolutions. Period. It has nothing to do with OCD or being perfect. You were wrong.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#44djwagonPosted 9/24/2011 7:17:01 PM
torasu | Posted 9/24/2011 10:08:08 PM | message detail | quote

P.s. I should stop going to the vita and 3ds boards, since I had no IDEA just how critical and sensitive you ps3 board guys are

lol .no most in here are over sensitive on tv info .when people like you need to be called out.for giving misleading info about tv
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
this is my set-up http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/importer1/
#45QuasherPosted 9/24/2011 8:15:07 PM
or the 1080i only LCDs

Ewww, they actually made LCD HDTVs that could only support a progressive signal if it was 480p?
---
cats are OK - purrr
dogs are OK - wooof
#46secondhand1Posted 9/24/2011 8:26:28 PM
torasu posted...
If you really wanna down to the grimey details like the so called pro's do, here is a list of the majority of ps3 games and there NATIVE RESOLUTIONS. (there. No more being lazy. I'll type out everything fully) don't trust what the back of the game boxes say, TC, the raw facts are right here http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

*heroic voice* for the videophile in you
even has 360 games

P.s. I should stop going to the vita and 3ds boards, since I had no IDEA just how critical and sensitive you ps3 board guys are. I want to learn to have OCD too!! Everything must be perfect. Oh and again, in case anyone missed it:
Due to my increasingly lazy lifestyle, I did not fully explain what I meant in those posts before, especially pertaining to native and supported resolutions, and I apologize. Kudos to those who called me out. Lesser men (and women) would have missed it

Misinformation is the bane of these topics. If you really don't understand and just write what you think, great. But when you get corrected - which we will do - acknowledge and move on.
---
Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope.
#47archizzyPosted 9/24/2011 8:40:21 PM
Quasher posted...
or the 1080i only LCDs

Ewww, they actually made LCD HDTVs that could only support a progressive signal if it was 480p?

In all my typing I was off base on that one. I was thinking of the LCD sets that were "1080p" that wouldn't accept a 1080p signal. They would accept a 720p signal though. Commonly called "1080i LCDs" by people on avsforum in the early days. If you pushed a 1080p signal to them they wouldn't show a picture.

I remember a guy on avsforum being mad as hell for buying a $20,000 set that wouldn't take a 1080p input. Technically it was listed correctly as being a "1080p" tv as it would scale to its own native resolution and being a progressive display it was a 1080p tv, but rather stupid for not being able to accept a 1080p input.

However in the early push of HDTVs and especially before blu-ray broadcast cable was a max of 1080i and you just weren't going to have any 1080p material. So people pushed out essentially what was a 1080p tv, but could only accept a max of 1080i.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton