This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island or Resistance 3?

#1makaveli43Posted 9/22/2011 8:59:10 PM
I'm only getting one ... Dead Island really intrigued me ... it was gunna be a day 1 buy, but the ratings are kinda low so i was wondering if its worth a purchase. As for Resistance, i had both 1 and 2, beat them both and played online for a bit but eventually got bored of em and sold them. Is R3 a big improvement or is it like how R2 improved on R1 ... which is not a lot.
---
Bootysweat
#2hi_polymerPosted 9/22/2011 9:02:34 PM
just another zombie game vs. just another FPS.

I'd go with the zombie game as it still incorporates SOME new things.
---
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj188/hi_polymer/samrog.jpg
#3nonames4uPosted 9/22/2011 9:07:54 PM
I don't think either one is actually worth their current price, I would hold out for a price drop if I could only choose between these 2.
---
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit....It's the only way to be sure"
#4awesomesauce13Posted 9/22/2011 9:26:47 PM
I agree, neither are worth full price (not saying they're bad, very few games are worth full price) but I would definitely go for Resistance 3 out of those
#5zyrax2301Posted 9/22/2011 9:29:10 PM
What's with this "just another zombie game" nonsense?

They aren't even that common, unless you're talking about the crappy minis that keep getting put out. Those games suck, no matter what they are based on.

Good full-retail zombie games are awesome, and only a few exist.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6bsballa09Posted 9/22/2011 10:30:37 PM
I can't choose. Both are good. Flip a coin. Heads Dead Island, Tails R3. Which ever it lands on, that's my vote.
---
Your post isn't relevant to my post. Therefore, I win.
#7GrandpaShufflePosted 9/22/2011 10:35:45 PM
Dead Island is fun, and it's even better with friends with mics online. It's like a B-movie, in a good way.
---
PSN: JamesGotALeg
Steam: KornWasCool
#8BurgerTime79Posted 9/22/2011 10:41:52 PM
I'm not picking up Dead Island until I know the save file bugs have been fixed, and on top of that, I'm not that big of an online gamer. The fact that you can't play two player co-op offline was a huge reason why I didn't buy it at launch in the first place.

Resistance 3....eh, I bought the first game on the cheap and I'm not sure if I'm really that into it. I've avoided CoD and Battlefield like the plague, and really don't get the rabid fandom for them.

I can't justify personally buying either one of them right now, so I can't really recommend one with my full honesty.
---
We need NO 3rd party characters in the upcoming Smash Bros!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=256817
#9KainnK19Posted 9/22/2011 11:07:25 PM
nonames4u posted...
I don't think either one is actually worth their current price, I would hold out for a price drop if I could only choose between these 2.
---
I was into the Playstation Move before it was cool to be - 7/13/2010
Does that sounds logic? It is NOT - TH3_SYN
#10FearPotionPosted 9/22/2011 11:15:09 PM
Rent both.

I haven't played Dead Island but I heard there is a lot of glitches and the game is not polished well.

Resistance 3 has a surprising good campaign. But avoid the online multiplayer at all cost.