This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think gaming will ever get another Postal 1?

#11Drakengard002Posted 9/23/2011 2:11:18 AM
If the Manhunt games got neutered, there's not really any expectation that something like Postal would ever get supported on consoles.

It would simply be a blight on the current industry and while indie titles on the PC could get a way with it to a degree, most gamers these days aren't going to buy a game just because it's shocking. If it's shockingly brutal but incredibly innovative, fun and even thought provoking then perhaps so. But that's not likely to happen.
---
I'm not saying Drake is classist or racist, but he does hate poor minorities. ~ Jakyl
#12EddieWeMissUPosted 9/23/2011 2:41:52 AM
That video didn't seem any worse than something you'd see in GTA TBH.
---
Stoke City R.U.F.C.
Swing low, sweet chariot!
#13Anodyne11Posted 9/23/2011 5:10:57 AM
Thanks, I remember playing Postal 2 but completely forgot what it was called and been trying to find it out again xD
I remember playing it at a friends house and just messing around on it lol
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#14The_ConjuringPosted 9/23/2011 7:02:32 AM
i think im now going to try and play postal. Thanks for the recommendation. Also i loved a serbian film so i dont know what that guy is talking about... Theres not many films like it and it keeps you interested all the way through, and i usually dislike subtitled movies with some exceptions
#15deathsaber79Posted 9/23/2011 7:07:00 AM
while a little more comical, postal 2 was genius in its own right too.

All the missions given to you were

"go to the store and buy milk". Thats it. You could actually just go to the mini mart, stand in the long line, endure the insulting Arab clerk, pay your money, walk out with your milk and leave, mission accomplished.

Of course this isn't what you end up doing when you are playing a game with no real world consequences, an entire arensel hidden under that trenchcoat, along with the ability to expose yourself and literally just pee on someone if you felt like it.

If I recall though, you could make it through almost the entire game without doing a violent thing, so any and all atrocities you commited were pretty much 100% on you.
#16the_ENEMY_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 8:15:36 AM
maybe ill look into postal 3, who knows they might impress us! so long as its not another duke nukem.
---
PSN: the_ENEMY_
Playing online: Dead Island, Resistance 3, Mortal Kombat, Black Ops, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, Crysis2, Dead Space 2
#17KaliestoPosted 9/23/2011 8:26:55 AM
There was nothing genius about postal series, nothing but senseless gore and crap.
---
---
I screeched at it for several minutes, and then THE GAME finally went crazy and burned itself...
#18HorizontalZeusPosted 9/23/2011 8:30:06 AM
What other movies do you like, Conjuring?
---
I am religious.
#19Slipknot2430Posted 9/23/2011 8:44:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]