This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you buy a next gen console with no launch games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Would you buy a next gen console with no launch games?
5 years ago#1
If the PS4 came out and there were no games on Day 1, would you still buy it?
"Black Batmobile its only new Ferrari. Its called a Scaglietti one button like an Atari."
5 years ago#2
no that's stupid... that's like trying to sell me a fork with no tines.
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" did you not understand?
5 years ago#3
Only if I could download games I've bought from my PSN account, and there's a good line-up of games to be released in the near future.
PSN: RGKprod
Welcome to GameFAQs, where we couldn't care less if you cured AIDS- we just want pictures of your cat. - Blitzkr13g
5 years ago#4
As long as a MotorStorm game is coming out within the first 3 months.

I don't mind leaving the console in the box for a while, as long as I know I have it when the time comes. I have an Ambassador 3DS in the box right now waiting for Mario Kart 7.
Official Grand Master in the art of counter-trolling. Post on my boards if you want to play.
5 years ago#5
Ricky_Rozay posted...
Would you buy a next gen console with no launch games?

Asking this on the PS3 board. I see what you did there......
lol @ gamefaqs' moderators: http://screensnapr.com/e/SuZRI4.png
5 years ago#6
Yup because I'm sure the non exclusive will be good
5 years ago#7
This gen has taught me a very important lesson: anybody who buys a console within 2-3 years of launch is a fool.

I'm sticking with PC gaming until a next gen fighter is released, anyway.
http://www.r-word.org/
spread the word to end the word
5 years ago#8
I still haven't bought a 3DS and probably never will.
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
5 years ago#9
Launch games almost always suck. I don't remember any launch game that's still worth playing or could stand toe to toe with games that came out later. Unless a system is launching with a legitimate game like Twilight Princess, it's not going to be worth the launch price.
Hi babes
5 years ago#10
Hello_Melo posted...
Launch games almost always suck. I don't remember any launch game that's still worth playing or could stand toe to toe with games that came out later. Unless a system is launching with a legitimate game like Twilight Princess, it's not going to be worth the launch price.

Motorstorm and Resistance kicked *** for PS3 launch... IMO

As far as being toe to toe with games coming out later; that's common sense. it's not going to happen... Of course launch titles won't be as good as the newer games... Mainly because developers are still trying to learn the system...
Rip ones heart out with my bare hands, Watching the lifeless body drop to the floor, laughing, Blood gushing down a path straight to Hell!... PSN: HellzAssassn
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Would you buy a next gen console with no launch games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived