This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you buy a next gen console with no launch games?

#1Ricky_RozayPosted 9/23/2011 2:32:07 PM
If the PS4 came out and there were no games on Day 1, would you still buy it?
---
"Black Batmobile its only new Ferrari. Its called a Scaglietti one button like an Atari."
#2VecturinPosted 9/23/2011 2:32:58 PM
no that's stupid... that's like trying to sell me a fork with no tines.
---
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" did you not understand?
#3booyaka619Posted 9/23/2011 2:34:24 PM(edited)
Only if I could download games I've bought from my PSN account, and there's a good line-up of games to be released in the near future.
---
PSN: RGKprod
Welcome to GameFAQs, where we couldn't care less if you cured AIDS- we just want pictures of your cat. - Blitzkr13g
#4Teepo64Posted 9/23/2011 2:34:13 PM
As long as a MotorStorm game is coming out within the first 3 months.

I don't mind leaving the console in the box for a while, as long as I know I have it when the time comes. I have an Ambassador 3DS in the box right now waiting for Mario Kart 7.
---
Official Grand Master in the art of counter-trolling. Post on my boards if you want to play.
#5TikeioPosted 9/23/2011 2:35:37 PM
Ricky_Rozay posted...
Would you buy a next gen console with no launch games?

Asking this on the PS3 board. I see what you did there......
---
lol @ gamefaqs' moderators: http://screensnapr.com/e/SuZRI4.png
#6shads3055Posted 9/23/2011 2:50:35 PM
Yup because I'm sure the non exclusive will be good
#7CanadaTopPosted 9/23/2011 3:00:18 PM
This gen has taught me a very important lesson: anybody who buys a console within 2-3 years of launch is a fool.

I'm sticking with PC gaming until a next gen fighter is released, anyway.
---
http://www.r-word.org/
spread the word to end the word
#8temgunPosted 9/23/2011 3:08:57 PM
I still haven't bought a 3DS and probably never will.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#9Hello_MeloPosted 9/23/2011 4:41:47 PM
Launch games almost always suck. I don't remember any launch game that's still worth playing or could stand toe to toe with games that came out later. Unless a system is launching with a legitimate game like Twilight Princess, it's not going to be worth the launch price.
---
Hi babes
#10Hellz_SeraphPosted 9/23/2011 6:05:52 PM
Hello_Melo posted...
Launch games almost always suck. I don't remember any launch game that's still worth playing or could stand toe to toe with games that came out later. Unless a system is launching with a legitimate game like Twilight Princess, it's not going to be worth the launch price.

Motorstorm and Resistance kicked *** for PS3 launch... IMO

As far as being toe to toe with games coming out later; that's common sense. it's not going to happen... Of course launch titles won't be as good as the newer games... Mainly because developers are still trying to learn the system...
---
Rip ones heart out with my bare hands, Watching the lifeless body drop to the floor, laughing, Blood gushing down a path straight to Hell!... PSN: HellzAssassn