This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm calling it. Dark Souls will win more RPG of the Year awards than Skyrim.

#41nonames4uPosted 9/23/2011 6:16:14 PM
kloud 11 posted...
dark souls will be the better game regardless

Nah, it won't be.
---
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit....It's the only way to be sure"
#42kirklmattyPosted 9/23/2011 6:20:03 PM
vagdestroyer posted...
no. demon's souls sucked and dark souls just looks like a clone of that game.
i'm not a huge elder scrolls fan either but it doesnt take much common sense to know that skyrim will win a majority of RPG of the Year awards. probably even a ton of GotY awards

its not a clone, its basically a sequal.. they just changed the name.. its made by the same people..

thats like saying GOW3 was a GOW2 clone
---
i'm not a bad spelr, im jst a bad typr
PSN: CapNKirkland
#43kloud 11Posted 9/23/2011 6:22:07 PM

Nah, it won't be.

Yes, it will be.
#44Agent_GreerPosted 9/23/2011 6:24:17 PM
nonames4u posted...
kloud 11 posted...
dark souls will be the better game regardless

Nah, it won't be.

Yep, it will. For combat alone.

Skyrim, like the rest of the Elder Scrolls series still has that god awful clunky combat.
#45nonames4uPosted 9/23/2011 6:27:01 PM
kloud 11 posted...
Nah, it won't be.

Yes, it will be.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree completely :D
---
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit....It's the only way to be sure"
#46SFIII_3rdStrikePosted 9/23/2011 6:56:11 PM
If Dark Souls can re-capture the charm and atmosphere of Demon's Souls and improve upon that successfully with stuff like better multiplayer and less glitches, then it will be my GOTY.

However, one of the biggest things that Demon's Souls had going for it was that there were no other games like it around. Dark Souls is basically an improvement upon Demon's Souls (Which is a great thing), but Skyrim will fight back with more polish, content and improvements of its own, and that's usually what wins GOTY awards from most reviewers.

I love RPGs, they're my favorite genre. Demon's Souls is one of my top 5 favorite games this gen (Alongside FO3, MGS4, BlazBlue and Dragon Age). I have the Platinum Trophy for Demon's Souls, Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV. Personally I'm looking forward more to Dark Souls than Skyrim and I do think that Dark Souls will be the better game, but Skyrim will win more GOTY awards.

And as far as RPG of the Year awards go, why no love for Deus Ex? I'm playing through it right now and its freaking amazing!
---
PSN/GC: Pabz617
When all else fails, order pizza
#47Agent_GreerPosted 9/23/2011 7:01:00 PM
nonames4u posted...
kloud 11 posted...
Nah, it won't be.

Yes, it will be.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree completely :D

You didn't respond about the clunky combat of Elder Scrolls though.