This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dont understand the whole MW3 vs BF3 crap

#1psprulz2007Posted 9/24/2011 7:22:33 PM
I mean really why is there a huge split? Is it just pure fanboys trying to be cool or is there a real legit reason?

Both games WILL have flaws. Both games WILL have a few WTF design choices.

Both games WILL cater to the crowd the game is designed for. Both games WILL be a AAA quality product.

I understand that their are COD minded gamers and there are BF minded gamers. COD is more of a run and gun while BF is more team work. COD has plenty of game modes that would require tactical team work to win. In BF you CAN play run and gun and worry about your personal stats and have fun.

I think online shooter fans owe it to themselves to own BOTH games. They balance each other out nicely. Just like BC2 and BO do now. If I got time for a serious sit down I pop on BC2. If i have some time and or just want to go rambo or mix up a change of pace I go to BO. It works both ways.

I dont understand why there is such a huge debate about them. Both WILL have flaws and both WILL be enjoyable.

/pointless rant
---
PSN- FeelinKorny
Nier is a lame overused gfaqs meme that needs to die.
#2SaintZetsuPosted 9/24/2011 7:29:05 PM
People who spend money on something will do their best to convince themselves their purchase was the smartest.
---
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.-Christopher Hitchens
#3Izick_the_SpyPosted 9/24/2011 7:35:50 PM
Because they're two big modern warfare FPS's coming out this Fall.
---
Pic is related- http://i.imgur.com/zaO8N.gif
#4negative4Posted 9/24/2011 7:40:42 PM
Yeah, it's two of the bigger FPS franchises with third installments coming out.
---
Chicago Bears 12-6, NFC North Champions (2010-2011 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#5kuterPosted 9/24/2011 7:44:40 PM
Cod been the same since Cod1, nothing big changed. Same thing with Battle Field. It's all a mater of preference
#6jazvdb93Posted 9/24/2011 7:53:25 PM
Seriously you don't understand the whole feud between the two biggest FPS?

Seriously?
Really?
Honestly?
---
R.I.P Old GameFaqs account
PSN: jazvdb [] Wii: A.Bunch.Of.Numbers.I.Don't.Remember
#7Red LinkPosted 9/24/2011 7:55:19 PM
What makes this feud even more puzzling is the fact that both games are pretty much the same anyway.
---
Resident Evil 4 is the only good game in the Resident Evil series. The Resident Evil games before RE4 were never good.
#8SoliquidusPosted 9/24/2011 8:03:49 PM(edited)
TC, people just like to argue over who or what is superior. It is a way of justifying somethings existence or someones existence in the mind of the persons involved in the so called arguments

MW vs BF
At a time it was even Resistance vs Gears
Now its Gears vs Uncharted
Even Skyrim vs Dark Souls
Halo vs Killzone
Gran Turismo vs Forza

Back in the day, there was even a Console War with the SNES and Sega Genesis. Console Wars have been around way longer than alot of ppl think.

Aren't there arguments over lifestyles as well? Which lifestyle is so called "better" and which is heathenish and even ungodly?

People have been arguing over things since the dawn of man. Why dont you understand the whole MW 3 vs BF 3 crap? It really is THAT simple man.

It is just in our nature to argue and try to justify the existence if things. Thats all it is in the end. This aspect of our thinking, has even caused wars. But hey, there is nothing that can be done about that. We are what we are
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#9babyeatermaxPosted 9/24/2011 7:57:16 PM
No one ever learns anything from these threads.
---
PSN l GT: babyeatermax
#10usernamestuffPosted 9/24/2011 7:58:32 PM
To compare MW3 and BF3 is just as stupid as comparing Dark Souls to Skyrim or Uncharted to Gears.

The games couldn't be more different whilst catering to different audiences who prefer a certain playstyle.

It's simply trolls trolling trolls and fanboys being stupid fanboys.
---
Number of times suspended for equating NBA players to criminals: 1