This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devs you used to like but are now dead to you

#1kloud 11Posted 9/27/2011 12:01:59 PM
Bioware: Baldur's Gate and KOTOR were amazing games. Everything they have released this gen pales and are borderline bad games

Square: Downward spiral since FFX(last good game they developed on consoles)

Capcom: No other dev has made it a point to ruin every franchise of theirs

Guerrilla Games: Killzone 3
#2HanzaishaPosted 9/27/2011 12:08:24 PM(edited)
Most of the developers I like cater to a niche market so not much has changed. However, I would definitely say Capcom fits for this topic. I enjoyed Capcom games since the NES. This gen has definitely changed my opinion of the company. I don't even pay attention to what they are working on anymore.

EDIT: I forgot about Square. They've really destroyed any enthusiasm I had for their games. After the PS1 days, it was all downhill.
#3toadiemanPosted 9/27/2011 12:04:51 PM
Nintendo
---
---
"All's aboard da coal train, baby."
#4Zblueshell14Posted 9/27/2011 12:07:24 PM
And?
---
Why can't people just enjoy games anymore?
Needed Sequels: Bully 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, & Psychonauts 2
#5MickleohbPosted 9/27/2011 12:09:24 PM
None. Even if I don't like the games that some devs are putting out now, I don't feel that strongly about them. Besides I can't think of any dev that only develops games that I end up disliking.
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
#6DrSickDuckPosted 9/27/2011 12:09:24 PM
Square Enix. Squaresoft just made games so much better before the Enix merger.
---
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro
#7VecturinPosted 9/27/2011 12:10:24 PM
Capcom... make horribly unbalanced fighting games and release the same game 3 times over with only minor updates making you pay full price for it again, completely ditch breath of fire, no MML3 ever... I am done with this company.

I'll continue to buy Phoenix Wright games, but other than Layton vs Phoenix, there doesn't even seem to be a new PW on the horizon.
---
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" did you not understand?
#8CthulhuDagonPosted 9/27/2011 12:19:43 PM
kloud 11 posted...
Bioware: Baldur's Gate and KOTOR were amazing games. Everything they have released this gen pales and are borderline bad games

This.

I don't mind SE though anymore since the Eidos acquisition. I'm not thrilled with their dev side, but their publishing arm is great.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#9SoratamiPosted 9/27/2011 12:22:47 PM
Mickleohb posted...
None. Even if I don't like the games that some devs are putting out now, I don't feel that strongly about them. Besides I can't think of any dev that only develops games that I end up disliking.

This.
---
PSN: ilikethispart
#10KirbyWithAGunPosted 9/27/2011 12:30:07 PM
Microsoft
EA Games
Zipper
Nintendo

yup......
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list