This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have any of you popped in FFX since the announcement?

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 9/27/2011 12:32:18 PM(edited)
I did today.

Well, even if the rumors of "remake instead of just a port" aren't confirmed yet, it still would be nice I think if they did some type of overhaul as I'm noticing that certain aspects of the game have not aged well over time due to it being somewhat close to a launch title.

awkward jerky character animation
improper lip synching.
dull textured NPC's
Inconsistency in design from field models to cut scene models to battle models (they had three different in game character models).

These things I think could be removed or fixed but who knows if S-E will take the "HD remake" route or the simple "HD port" route some other games have taken lately.

I'm not even that focused on "sharpening up the resolution" ; thats not the biggest thing to me as the game plays fine as it looks but if they're going to to fix things up, might as well go full on. But who knows at this point if that'll happen or if they'll just rush it out. Safe and negative outlook way is to assume the latter.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2Tmac2035Posted 9/27/2011 12:36:05 PM(edited)
I think the only reason I enjoyed FFX as much as I did back in the day was that I was still craving that next great FF game, and this was the first one to hit the PS2. For the most part it was fun -- the battle system was good -- but the story and characters were just not my cup of tea.

I actually did pop this back in a couple of weeks ago... just to see.

Two words:

Cringe inducing.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate terrible voice acting. If one of the major features of the game is voice acting -- you should at least make sure it doesn't give the players the urge to rip their ears off or play the entire game muted.
---
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
#3Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 12:39:54 PM
Yeah I was gonna add 'redo the voice acting' but I dunno that might add on even more work to an already proposed heavy work load if the remake rumor ends up being true.

Interested in seeing this "Luminous Engine" at work though if the rumor was true and they decided to play around with it
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4GoatJugSoupPosted 9/27/2011 12:42:42 PM
Nope, any twinges I might have had to play the game again I suppressed upon announcement of a PS3 version so that when it gets released it will be that much fresher for me. Same thing happened with the Sly Cooper collection, I was feeling like playing it then they announced the PS3 version so I waited for that.
---
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info
#5SoratamiPosted 9/27/2011 12:43:44 PM
Yeah I've been feeling like replaying it but I'm waiting for the HD versions as well. I really hope it doesn't end up being delayed to 2013 or something.
---
PSN: ilikethispart
#6Tmac2035Posted 9/27/2011 1:03:09 PM(edited)
Devilman_Amon posted...
Yeah I was gonna add 'redo the voice acting' but I dunno that might add on even more work to an already proposed heavy work load if the remake rumor ends up being true.

I guess I'm kind of old-school in the respect that I would much rather READ the dialogue and use my own imagination to interpret what I think the characters would / should sound like. It ruins the illusion for me if the VA is god awful and laughable at best.

And I guess no one got my FFVI Kefka reference in my first post.
---
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
#7Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 12:50:16 PM
I don't like reading small text though. Especially on my TV's.
Face it: we're in an age of voice work for games. Not really changing back soon.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#8KidInTheHallPosted 9/27/2011 12:52:19 PM
I apologize, I read it as "pooped" not "popped".
---
Xbox Live GT : EVL Ripper / Playstation Network : EVL_Ripper