This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so ps2 classics are the games that will never be put in HD collections?

#1ToastyAnakinPosted 10/4/2011 7:50:28 PM
topic
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#2banzaiheilPosted 10/4/2011 7:54:14 PM(edited)
Not necessarily. I can totally see Square putting up PS2 Classics first, then when sales from them dip they announce an HD version of the same game.
---
PSN: BanzaiHeil
I got a karma-lost moderation for saying "Those."
#3ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 7:58:40 PM
thats what i was afraid of.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#4sean2995Posted 10/4/2011 9:07:56 PM
Pretty much the cheapest/lazy way of release Ps2 Classics people keep begging for.

This again shows how much you people want your BC. Supporting HD Remasters + Ps2 Classics will not bring back Ps2 BC to a sony system. (Disc Format) DD will be the new thing.

I'm not saying don't support but its a clear sign we'll never get it from Sony.
#5DiscomasterPosted 10/4/2011 9:28:43 PM
Yeah, but I wouldn't mind it for some games.

Katamari Damacy: Doesn't need to be remade. There's Katamari Forever on the PS3 that has great graphics and it's all in 1080p. The only reason to play Damacy at all is for the nostalgic feeling with all the goofy dialogue and brilliant music that contributed to making the original such a blast.

Dragon Quest VIII: Could be remade, but not necessary. I played this game in 480i on a 42" plasma screen TV back in the day, and it looked great back then. Upscale it to 720p and I'd say call it a day. With cell shading like that, you don't really need to touch up the graphics much. They pretty much do it themselves.

Killer7: Same deal. Well, sort of. If they could get away with using the Gamecube version with the PS2 controls, then it would work out quite well.

I'm sure there's others, those are just the ones that spring to mind at the moment. There's also Okami, which is debatable, but I would take a port or a remake, I just want to play it again with a traditional controller. I love my Wii and all, but the controls in Okami for Wii were just terrible. A remake would be great, but I'd take a port... I just want to finally play through it that much.
#6ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 9:29:08 PM
just wait for the ps4 or the official discontinuation of PS2. its too early to tell.
---
#7LsnakePosted 10/4/2011 9:33:20 PM
Either way, I just want SSX3. I was heartbroken when I found out that of all my PS2 games, SSX3 is the only game that doesn't work on my SW BC PS3. (It freezes on jumps). Released in SD or HD, I'd pay full price and more than that too for that game alone.

I'm happy if these games are just released as DD, although it would at least have been fun to have some trophies even if that might not be possible (Not sure how they actually link trophies with the game9.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)