This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about if sony made these changes to the online pass system?

#1RE4_StrangerPosted 10/4/2011 9:01:04 PM
Would you haters support it then. i know i would love these changes.

Make it so when a game is discontinued or disk manufacturing stops the online pass need is removed since buying new copies will not be possible. And giving everyone a free week to try the online out without need of a pass so if you rent you can try the full game or if you lend it to a friend they can try online.

Would that make you all happy. Cause I like the idea of online passes and devs getting money for their games while they are still manufacturing disks.
---
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Metal Gear EH
#2Iceberg73ePosted 10/4/2011 9:04:53 PM
Kinda moot to wait for a game to be discontinued since by then the online community would be a skeleton of it's former self.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#3RE4_Stranger(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 9:05:50 PM
Iceberg73e posted...
Kinda moot to wait for a game to be discontinued since by then the online community would be a skeleton of it's former self.

well the way i look at it is I can see the devs wanting money on used games but i think only as long as they are prinitng the disks.
---
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Metal Gear EH
#4Newagered05Posted 10/4/2011 9:48:25 PM
I don't think they're actively making new copies after a game's launch.
The developers do get money, every used game was new at some point.
They can also make money off of DLC.

I'm not trying to be mean, but from your post TC I'm not sure you know enough about the issue.
If you want to support a developer then buy new. put out a good word.
The companies using the online pass system are not hurting for money. the way I see it, this all comes down to greed.

This is just my opinion. it's not as black and white, and I'm sure I'm off a little.
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world, and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of spoiled idiots."
#5Schwepps01Posted 10/4/2011 10:01:53 PM
They just need to charge 50 dollars for the single player and 10 dollars for the online. Everybody wins. That's the solution for game companies and consumers alike.
#6mogar002Posted 10/4/2011 10:03:48 PM
People with PSN+ should have exempt from online passes.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#7maga powerPosted 10/4/2011 10:09:20 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
They just need to charge 50 dollars for the single player and 10 dollars for the online. Everybody wins. That's the solution for game companies and consumers alike.

as much sense as that does make (seriously), and the fact aside that developers would just rather get that $10 from everyone on the chance that lots of people just wont want the multiplayer at all, so they would want the change to get $10 from those people. (I feel thats worded horribly, but im too lazy to reword it and it gets the point across)

that aside, then people would just say "you're just paying $10 to unlock whats already on the disk!.... so I should be entitled to this content without paying the extra $10!"... so you would have exactly what we have no really, just a slightly different situation and $10 cheaper.
---
gamefaqs message boards are essentially just a really big comments section. agree or disagree?
http://card.mygamercard.net/Maga+Power.png
#8RoxasANobodyPosted 10/4/2011 10:27:04 PM
Iceberg73e posted...

True for some games.
---
Every day I see my dream.
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/OKAYSIAN