This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here will NOT buy a PS4 if it's not backward compatible?

#1xmcphersoPosted 10/5/2011 4:56:44 PM
Honestly, if Sony was to make the PS4 BC with PS1, PS2, and PS3 I would 100% buy it on day one, regardless of the price. Talk about keeping your consumers loyal.

If it's not at least BC with PS1 and PS2 I might consider another route.
Anyone else? Thoughts?
---
yes. that would be dark.
PSN: thatwouldbedark
#2work_a_holicPosted 10/5/2011 5:00:03 PM
I have a ps2, and I will have no reason to not have a ps3. So I will buy it if it has it or not.
#3AceAndJunpeiPosted 10/5/2011 5:00:47 PM
As Sony said before the release of the PS3, backwards compatibility is a "legacy feature" of the Playstation brand and is important to do right, something they pointed out Microsoft had not done correctly.

Of course there will be backwards compatibility in the PS4. Sony would never take a way a legacy feature of the all-encompassing Playstation brand.
---
No, I played [insert 360/PC exclusive here] and it wasn't good. I mean, [insert PS3 exclusive] was so much more intricate and in-depth than [360/PC exclusive].
#4nihilist212Posted 10/5/2011 5:01:35 PM
I could care less about BC. I keep all my old systems, and use them for those games. I have a BC ps3, and I've never once put a ps2 or ps1 game into it.
---
psn: jcvdismyhero
#5UniversquallPosted 10/5/2011 5:01:43 PM
I'd prefer it. But I need to own at least one of next gens consoles. So they will get my money either way.
---
Sometimes a monkey is just a monkey. It's not after your wife or your banana. Or is it???
#6XeonexFlashPosted 10/5/2011 5:03:45 PM
I will buy one either way if it has the games for it, I'm sorry but you do not buy a nex-gen console to play current-gen games.... Don't sell your consoles for the new consoles and you will be ok.
---
Taking high doses and leaning in the looney bin, I report seeing geometric patterns in the air shape shifting at very hyper speeds, "and a lot more."
#7wstfldPosted 10/5/2011 6:15:26 PM
I'd probably buy a PS4 to play PS4 games, so I wouldn't care.
---
Now Playing: Crash Bandicoot 3
Up Next: Nothing for the foreseeable future.
#8apocalyptic_4Posted 10/5/2011 6:19:05 PM
as long as they dont remove anymore advertised features ill be all in but knowing sony ill probably wait a year and buy one like i did with PS3.
---
PSN: Adrian396 2nd Ac PSN:Apocalypse369 3rd AcApoc369
XBL: Adrian369Ford
#9VecturinPosted 10/5/2011 6:19:06 PM
Backward compatible with the PS3? That is bloody not likely to happen unless the PS4 amounts to little more than twice the number of Cells and memory of a PS3.
---
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" did you not understand?
#10XeonexFlashPosted 10/5/2011 6:20:14 PM
If ps4 uses a cellbased processor it wouldn't be hard for them to make it BC with the PS3.
---
Taking high doses and leaning in the looney bin, I report seeing geometric patterns in the air shape shifting at very hyper speeds, "and a lot more."