This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else have this problem?

#1Marty_Mcfly321Posted 10/6/2011 7:36:43 AM
I used to play video games all the time at home, but now I moved to college and I don't play nearly as much. It's not because i don't have time, it's because my roommate is always in my room and he always watches me play. Don't get me wrong he is one of my best friends, but I don't know why i just don't enjoy playing as much when people watch. Anyone have any advice for this?

I tried getting him to bring a his own tv to put on his desk so he could play his 360 instead of watching but he doesn't want to for some reason.

How do you guys feel about people constantly watching you game?
---
For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
#2Slipknot2430Posted 10/6/2011 8:21:49 AM
My 10 year old son watches me play all the time during the week days when he isn't allowed to play games. I don't mind it at all, he rarely bugs me when I play. When he starts to bug me I just put in a sports game and he gets up and leaves the room real fast.

Tell him to quit watching you game or get a 2nd controller and play co op games or just get over it and ignore him. If he talks to you while gaming just don't respond and put a sports game in;D
---
Warning! User name has nothing to do with the band.
Colts 0-4, 4 down 12 to go and Andrew Luck will be a Colt!
#3nihilist212Posted 10/6/2011 8:26:35 AM
I don't mind usually. Unless I'm playing an RPG, because most people will need to ask a lot of questions and I don't feel like explaining games to people ever.
---
psn: jcvdismyhero
#4Tmac2035Posted 10/6/2011 8:39:35 AM
When I was in college some friends and I were rooming together in a house. My room always seemed to turn into the 'hangout' if you will (aside from the living room) since it was the largest and had the best TV.

A couple of my roommates in particular would come in, hang out and just sit there and watch me play games. One of them seemed to really enjoy it -- he was somewhat of a gamer himself, although he probably wasn't as experienced as I. He mostly just played racing, shooters, or golf games with the occasional action/adventure every now and then. I guess he enjoyed being a spectator because they weren't necessarily games he would play, but they were still interesting enough to sit through. I remember specifically that he watched me go through Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, and probably a few other titles that I'm forgetting.

I personally don't mind when people watch -- to me it's satisfying to expose people to new genres and show then just how awesome games -- that they may never have even considered playing -- can be.
---
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake
#5Marty_Mcfly321(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 9:28:17 AM
Hmm maybe I am just being selfish. I'll just play games like I used to and I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I am just so used to playing alone in my nice peaceful room, I just have to get acclimated to being watched. Thanks for the input guys, it is much appreciated.
---
For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
#6stunSEEDPosted 10/6/2011 9:29:16 AM
Why doesn't he play with you? Or do you not allow him to? But yeah I know what you mean sort of. It is kind of weird at times when someone just watches. Sometimes you just want to be alone. But as long as they aren't trying to tell you what to do next in the game, or where to go, etc, it probably wouldn't bug me too much.

(ok, wow this starting to feel weird typing.....but seriously, I was talking about gaming...)
---
"These pretzels are making me thirsty"
#7xmcphersoPosted 10/6/2011 9:33:51 AM
people always used to watch me play in college (PS1 days, lol) and my bf watches me play now. it doesn't bother me, as long as I'm not boring them...
---
yes. that would be dark.
PSN: thatwouldbedark
#8Marty_Mcfly321(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 9:50:50 AM
Well I only have one controller and most of the games I like are just single player adventure games like Uncharted, Infamous, Fallout etc.
---