This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need a Sports game

#1redsox_in_06Posted 10/6/2011 10:21:21 AM
I'm looking for the best overall sports game on the PS3 out of the following choices: MLB 11, NBA 2k12, and NHL 12.

Has anyone played all three of these games and would recommend one over the others, or does anyone have a strong endorsement for any of these games in particular?
---
psn: redsox3553
#2mancow53Posted 10/6/2011 10:22:53 AM
my vote is NHL 12. its awesome
---
I have so many collections, the doctors told me that I couldn't collect people anymore, only their personalities and memories. So I have that going for me.
#3Shy420Posted 10/6/2011 10:25:13 AM
You should go with FIFA
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#4psprulz2007Posted 10/6/2011 10:34:07 AM
MLB the Show is the best hands down baseball series. Its also one of the top best sports games. NBA 2k12 is the best hands down basketball game. Its also one of the top best sports games.

Really it depends on what sport your feeling. Each sport has a very steller hihg quality game. There is no shortage of top of the line sports games. Its just a matter of what sport you want.

But me personally find MLB the Show to be the best sports game.
---
PSN- FeelinKorny
Korn #1
#5nihilist212Posted 10/6/2011 10:40:30 AM
I would say NHL, or FIFA if you have any interest in it.
---
psn: jcvdismyhero
#6Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 10/6/2011 10:50:37 AM
The NHL series will always get my vote over any other sports games. Then again, I'm a huge hockey nut. This year they almost got it perfect. My only real complaint is that the goalies are kind of imbalanced. If you don't have a goalie that's ranked super high like Luongo or Thomas they will be really streaky. Some games they will stand on their head and stop everything that's thrown at them and the next game they will give up like 3 goals in 9 shots. Hopefully they fix this issue with the next patch.
---
Not changing this signature until the Red Wings win their 12th Stanley Cup. (Started 5/14/11)
#7nihilist212Posted 10/6/2011 11:02:38 AM
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...
The NHL series will always get my vote over any other sports games. Then again, I'm a huge hockey nut. This year they almost got it perfect. My only real complaint is that the goalies are kind of imbalanced. If you don't have a goalie that's ranked super high like Luongo or Thomas they will be really streaky. Some games they will stand on their head and stop everything that's thrown at them and the next game they will give up like 3 goals in 9 shots. Hopefully they fix this issue with the next patch.

I would agree. With the exception of the NCAA games NHL games have always been my favorite sports games to play and have always felt like the most polished.
---
psn: jcvdismyhero
#8redsox_in_06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 11:04:51 AM
Ok, thanks for your suggestions. One more related question, which game has the best career mode? I'm not sure what it's called in each game, but I'm talking about the mode where you create a player and work their way up to the big leagues?
---
psn: redsox3553
#9svenbjornPosted 10/6/2011 11:10:15 AM
NHL 12, naturally.
---
PSN & XBL: svenbjorn
all our shows are secret shows.
#10Darth RustitoPosted 10/6/2011 11:11:50 AM
MLB The Show's career mode is pretty good.
---
Be safe at night--sleep with a cop.