This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started Dark Souls and damn!....

#1da_StoOgePosted 10/8/2011 10:17:03 PM
The framrate is really disappointing. It's even chugging when there are no enemies on screen.
That, and is it just me, or is the role sluggish?

...Please guys, tell me something to make me feel better. I'm felling a little hurt and upset.
---
GFAQ Fact No. 165: Anybody that uses the word "whining" in place of an articulated argument is a little *****.
#2Random_PopeyePosted 10/8/2011 10:20:48 PM
Ya its very frame ratey in parts.I don't really notice the roll being sluggish but i do find my self not using it as much as DeS.
#3da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 10:22:46 PM
gtaattic posted...
Ya its very frame ratey in parts.I don't really notice the roll being sluggish but i do find my self not using it as much as DeS.

Well I haven't played DeS in a while, so it could just be me, but I had trouble dodging that first "boss".
Not giving up though. I'll learn to use it effectively.
---
GFAQ Fact No. 165: Anybody that uses the word "whining" in place of an articulated argument is a little *****.
#4awesomephatmanPosted 10/8/2011 10:23:26 PM
Is the...role...sluggish?

Disappointing about the frame rate, I know. Nothing can be said to ease your pain there, I'm hoping for a patch.

However, the core gameplay is amazing. I think they've slowed down the pace of the game, but I like it that way...it feels more...realistic, less arcadey.
---
The streets that suffer your name, your very flesh and your bones
Sand will cover them, sand will cover you
#5da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 10:28:41 PM
"Is the...role...sluggish?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kge9ZzjsfW8

: (
---
#6awesomephatmanPosted 10/8/2011 10:36:46 PM(edited)
Hahaha, that's a good video. Thanks for that!

Honestly, at first I had no idea that it was a typo...I thought you meant role as in...role-playing...and was confused. I got it eventually, though.
---
The streets that suffer your name, your very flesh and your bones
Sand will cover them, sand will cover you
#7Drakengard002Posted 10/8/2011 10:42:10 PM
The roll isn't sluggish. They simply altered the equipment weight/equipment burden proportion.

25% and below provides the fastest rolling with the quickest recovery. 25%-50% a slightly more sluggish roll with hindered recovery, but still serviceable. Higher than %50 provides the slowest roll possible. 100% makes it that you cannot roll at all.

Also, yes the framerate chugs in a couple specific places. It's fine for the most part.

The only complaint I have about the game is that they focused too much on the praise for making a hard game and forgot about how it was the fairness of the difficulty that made Demon's Souls work. Too many scenarios thus far have come off slightly unfair to me and I'm quickly losing interest.
---
I'm not saying Drake is classist or racist, but he does hate poor minorities. ~ Jakyl
#8da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 10:50:34 PM
awesomephatman posted...
Hahaha, that's a good video. Thanks for that!

Honestly, at first I had no idea that it was a typo...I thought you meant role as in...role-playing...and was confused. I got it eventually, though.

Ha. I'm always trying to spread the word about David Mitchell. I think he's hilarious. Such an angry nerd. Check out his TV series on youtube if you don't mind british comedy. (Contains swearing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI0bVERTi1A

And thanks for the ROLL stats Drakenguard. That'll be a big help.
---
#9BroncavPosted 10/8/2011 11:17:02 PM
The roll isn't sluggish - It's just dependent on what your character is wearing.
---
"Cause we all - love - the Red Sox. Always have and always will."
#10methosagainPosted 10/8/2011 11:20:51 PM
About 30 hours into it and only have had issues in one part and that is the tower going up to the Black Knight near the Dragon. for some reason if i go now the ladder there to the rates, the frame rate goes to hell. Other than that no issues so far, even in Blight town which gives some grief
---
Screw Dogs and Cats, keep a Monitor lizard!!