This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suppose there was no new game pass and no catwomen in Arkham City

#1Elements012894Posted 10/13/2011 9:23:13 PM
There would be no reason to get mad right? Because they way I see it people are just complaining there ass off for really no reason. Because alot of these games offer so much content that if the "new game pass content" never existed there would be no complaint of devs holding back for used purchases.

Even online passes aren't that big of a deal, Amazon gives out free codes and Gamestop brings down the price to compensate.

But for Arkham city, for all the complainers out there. If Catwomen and the pass never existed would you be mad?
---
3D is to MK what live-action is to Mario.Never again.-Jeriakimefu
PSN- tazz1989
#2mancow53Posted 10/13/2011 9:26:37 PM
Elements012894 posted...
Because they way I see it people are just complaining there ass off for really no reason.

welcome to gamefaq... you dont come here often do you?
---
I have so many collections, the doctors told me that I couldn't collect people anymore, only their personalities and memories. So I have that going for me.
#3rofflchopperPosted 10/13/2011 9:28:32 PM
That has been the only negative thing I have heard about the game.
---
Dear Society,
Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either. --- Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#4the_great_tidusPosted 10/13/2011 9:29:58 PM
All they are doing is encouraging piracy. developers can go to hell if they wage war on used games. I don't have the cash to spend 60 dollars on every game.

At least lower the damn prices to 40 new or something.
---
Most Anticipated games. FFX HD, Uncharted 3, MGS HD collection, ratchet and clank all 4 one,
#5true_gamer80Posted 10/13/2011 9:33:21 PM
Because they way I see it people are just complaining there ass off for really no reason.

best description of gamefaqs ever!
---
support the underground-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58cWZPncvm0&feature=relmfu
#6thisranksPosted 10/13/2011 9:34:10 PM
rofflchopper posted...
That has been the only negative thing I have heard about the game.

=====================================
You have an excellent sig. Funny as all hell. Gotta give him props for his girlfriend, though. Selena is smoking.

As for the topic.....some people would simply find something else to complain about the game.

For example: they could have made Catwoman playable and included her in some kind of DLC package.....

And thus we see the definition of hypocrisy and how it manages to exist on Gamefaqs.
---
I don't hate the regionally challenged....it's just that their opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the RPG genre....no matter where the game is created.
#7CellSoundPosted 10/13/2011 9:38:33 PM
Batman AC has multiple catwomen?! Awesome! Many catwomen are always welcome.
---
Top10: FFVII, SMRPG, Yoshi's Island, SM64, Goldeneye 64, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid
#8jimi_diniPosted 10/14/2011 1:34:19 AM(edited)
Elements012894 posted...
Suppose there was no new game called Arkham City

yeah, no problem with that one.

Suppose they never marketed the hell out of catwoman for the last few months.

And now: "oh about that catwoman part of the single player story we talked about the last few months, well that's unlockable off-line pass content, which you won't get access to, if your PS3 is not connected to the internet (1), kthxbai"

EDIT: (1) - around 1/4th of all PS3s are not connected to the internet/don't have broadband.
---
PSN: OldJimiDini
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=OldJimiDini
#9Elements012894(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 12:13:54 AM
jimi_dini posted...
Elements012894 posted...

And now: "oh about that catwoman part of the single player story we talked about the last few months, well that's unlockable off-line pass content, which you won't get access to, if your PS3 is not connected to the internet (1), kthxbai"

EDIT: (1) - around 1/4th of all PS3s are not connected to the internet/don't have broadband.

I'm sure everyone was so hyped about catwomen "DUDE OMG Catwomen is in this game! I'm totally buying it used now!"

Im just trying to say that the content thats being locked away really wouldn't have mattered if that content never existed in the first place. Regardless if catwomen was in the game or not everyone who was a fan of the first game knew they would be getting a quality game.

True it was a dumb move that they hyped her then made the announcement, but arkham was like a 10 hour game and nobody complained. This is more then tripling the content with maybe %5 of it being locked away.

Catwomen has barely been hyped beyond internet trailers, if they can get there computer to access internet they can do the same with the PS3. Its an unlock code right? Shouldn't be more then a few kb's
---
3D is to MK what live-action is to Mario.Never again.-Jeriakimefu
PSN- tazz1989
#10aken909Posted 10/15/2011 12:20:10 AM(edited)
Elements012894 posted...
jimi_dini posted...
Elements012894 posted...

I'm sure everyone was so hyped about catwomen "DUDE OMG Catwomen is in this game! I'm totally buying it used now!"

Im just trying to say that the content thats being locked away really wouldn't have mattered if that content never existed in the first place. Regardless if catwomen was in the game or not everyone who was a fan of the first game knew they would be getting a quality game.

True it was a dumb move that they hyped her then made the announcement, but arkham was like a 10 hour game and nobody complained. This is more then tripling the content with maybe %5 of it being locked away.

Catwomen has barely been hyped beyond internet trailers, if they can get there computer to access internet they can do the same with the PS3. Its an unlock code right? Shouldn't be more then a few kb's

They have said it's at least 10 percent and it also makes it so you can't finish the Riddler quest so it's really a lot more than 10 percent.

In fact I bet you can't platinum the game with out the code.