This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I honestly wasnt that impressed with Uncharted 3s visuals when it was announced

#11XeonexFlashPosted 10/14/2011 8:07:24 PM
Not to mention realistic burning buildings, sand blowing, foot prints, the dynamic atmosphere is pretty nuts in this game.
---
Taking high doses and leaning in the looney bin, I report seeing geometric patterns in the air shape shifting at very hyper speeds, "and a lot more."
#12YoshioKSTPosted 10/14/2011 8:08:37 PM
Look, I'm all for gameplay, story and even music, but great visuals that blow your mind are the first way to catch everyone's attention.
---
Heroes don't need plans...just lots upon lots of HP
#13revenginePosted 10/14/2011 8:09:33 PM
Uncharted has IMO had 2 great looking instalments in a row, so great visuals is not a worry for me. What IS a worry is if Naughty Dog goes the route of trying to please everyone with Uncharted 3 like they did with Uncharted 2’s MP, because if they did it will end up backfiring on them and they’ll just piss off everyone.
---
Your love is like a secret that has been passed around.
#14XeonexFlashPosted 10/14/2011 8:14:48 PM
I'm sorry, but not everyone will be pleased... Naughty dog should just do it the way "They" think it should be, cause you are going to have fans of the game wanting 2 different things when their can only be one.
---
Taking high doses and leaning in the looney bin, I report seeing geometric patterns in the air shape shifting at very hyper speeds, "and a lot more."
#15DuwstaiPosted 10/14/2011 8:25:33 PM
The worst thing a dev could do when it comes to multiplayer, is try to cater to everyone.

Instead of giving one fanbase what they really want... they try to please everyone, and what happens is no one really gets a game they truly enjoy, because the fanbases have completely conflicting ideas on what makes a great multiplayer game.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#16CellSoundPosted 10/14/2011 9:09:49 PM
Dark World Ruler posted...
CellSound posted...
Who gets impressed with graphics anyway?

People with good to decent vision.

there's lots of games with great graphics, but does that make them good games necessarily?

I've seen enough good looking games that another good looking game isn't going to impress any.
---
Top10: FFVII, SMRPG, Yoshi's Island, SM64, Goldeneye 64, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid
#17MurphysLawPosted 10/14/2011 9:11:22 PM
Does anyone at all even consider for a second the tc would ever create a topic suggesting Uncharted 3's visuals were not that impressive?

I think we have a better chance of China winning the gold medal in basketball.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFB94Nh0gyE
#18dj___rollPosted 10/14/2011 10:52:33 PM
schphinkter posted...
Does anyone at all even consider for a second the tc would ever create a topic suggesting Uncharted 3's visuals were not that impressive?

I think we have a better chance of China winning the gold medal in basketball.

Why does that matter? Do you honestly not agree that the updated graphics look a lot better than the early version?

You're always so negative dude... It's like all you do is come here and crap on any and everybody's parade if they say something positive in regards to the PS3. Well, that and take turns with Crimson with the weird love you two have for each other and stalk each others' posts (I keep hoping one day you'll both realize you are the antithesis of each other).
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#19MurphysLawPosted 10/14/2011 11:16:17 PM

Why does that matter? Do you honestly not agree that the updated graphics look a lot better than the early version?

You're always so negative dude... It's like all you do is come here and crap on any and everybody's parade if they say something positive in regards to the PS3. Well, that and take turns with Crimson with the weird love you two have for each other and stalk each others' posts (I keep hoping one day you'll both realize you are the antithesis of each other).

Don't be jealous. I have seen you for quite some time trying to have conversations with me in various topics. Even lately when I'm not in very many topics low and behold there you are quoting what I say. I'll ask Crimson what he thinks of a 3rd wheel.

As for your first line, I find fanboys quite entertaining.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFB94Nh0gyE
#20SODISPosted 10/14/2011 11:31:54 PM
I'm not really seeing the difference here. The newer one simply looked to have some palette swaps and some lighting enabled. On a technical level, that's not very hard to do.

<lightmap> "on"
---
NIER