This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DCU Online free-to-play now, worth the MASSIVE download?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DCU Online free-to-play now, worth the MASSIVE download?

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
5 years ago#1
How 'limited' are you playing it free as well?
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405

User Info: CellSound

CellSound
5 years ago#2
i don't remember it being any good from the beta, so i'm gonna skip the download entirely.
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/Vanquish_Souls/holyshmowzow.jpg

User Info: cavebear56

cavebear56
5 years ago#3
http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

Link to package options showing what is available to players of different packages.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
5 years ago#4
Yeah I don't even know what to delete to clear up the room. I guess I should go beat LBP, Assassin's Creed II and Burnout so I can clear up at least 10GB>

I don't play MMO's usually but I did play this beta all month and loved it. I would definitely say it's worth but you know that you can't unlock trophies unless you get the medium or upper tier of monthly service right?

Justice98405
5 years ago#5
Yea, and on the making hard drive space thing, you can delete 'Game Data' and save your 'Game Saves' and you'll be okay, right? I'll just have to re-install that game if I play it again, yea?
To the mattresses.

Justice98405
5 years ago#6
Wait, all versions of the game are free-to-play now right, including the PC version? I should just get that then if anything I guess.
To the mattresses.

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
5 years ago#7
if you can find a gamestop that still has them you can buy the disc for a penny
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and sign if you want Majora's Mask 3D. Over 41k signatures so far.

User Info: Jiek_Fafn

Jiek_Fafn
5 years ago#8
It's definitely worth it. It will take forever to download, but its a decent game for free. You can manage to do like 90% of the content without paying too. It's by no means a great mmo, but its ok...and the options on the ps3 are very limited.
PSN: Jiek

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
5 years ago#9
Nope.

The quests from 1-30 are all the same.
Go to location.
Kill 25 X.
Collect 5 Y.

I'm not even being reductive. That is every quest.

Once you hit 30 your options are redoing harder versions of dungeons you've already been to.
2 man "raids" in to places you've already been to.
4 man raids into places you've already been to or 8 man raids (provided you've grinded the 2 and 4 man raids enough to have the gear for said 8 man raid.)

Past that there is noting cool or interesting about the cities and the game runs like complete dog **** on the PS3.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
5 years ago#10
I thought about downloading it but decided against it after burning myself out on MMOs with WoW. No desire to invest in another time sink like that again.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DCU Online free-to-play now, worth the MASSIVE download?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived