This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do you hate Japanese games?

#21nite1017Posted 11/21/2011 5:35:22 PM
they're so good and addicting... it consume too much of my time.
#22Agent_GreerPosted 11/21/2011 5:36:25 PM
I actually have quite a bit of respect for Japanese developers because they don't make cookie cutter corridor linear FPS clones.
---
That's totally rhombus!
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/Vanquish_Souls/mathematical.png
#23Number1SurvivorPosted 11/21/2011 5:38:46 PM
I don't.

What I DESPISE are the uppity bastards on this board who flail their arms and go "YOU LIKE WEST?! YOU LIKE WESTERN GAME?! YOU ARE INFERIOR PEASANT WHO LIKES FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS! YOU HATE INNOVATION! YOU ARE THE DEVIL! YOU ARE A SHEEP! BAAAA! BAAA!". The kind of people who seem to think that every single goddamn JRPG released is some kind of godsend and will make sure you never, ever hear the end about how Shi No Kuki Fafa (or whatever) has the greatest blue pixels and soundtrack on Earth and is a gaming masterpiece, while ensuring that every single post has some kind of thinly-veiled shot at Western gaming and calling anyone who so much as touches a Western game an uneducated slob who only has an attention span that lasts as long as an explosion does.

I don't mind Japanese games. I'm not a fan of their feminine-looking white-knight holier-than-thou protagonists, and i'm not a fan of the females in the games (I like women with meat on their bones and with realistic figures, not stick-thin things with abnormally-huge busts) but I admire the creativity and outright thought that goes into creating a lot of Japanese games. I just hate the fanbase.

*looks at above rant* ...... *grabs Lucozade bottle and throws it out of window* That's the last time I drink this crap after midnight.
---
YOU. LIKE. ME.
YOU. LIKE. YOU.
:D
#24ThePatrickPosted 11/21/2011 6:00:19 PM
I just hate the fanbase.

I agree, but then there are lots of lame fanbases around I end up just rolling my eyes at.

In the '90s, I loved fighters. But just about every franchise back then had these rabid fanboys who were very vocal about hating other franchises. "zOMG Dead Or Alive, lmaooooooo" "Primal Rage, **** it it's a MK ripoff!!!" "Street Fighter is just cartoons, MK is like REAL FIGHTING!" "SF, KoF, Tekken, etc...they're just lame fakers! I play VF because it's just like REAL FIGHTING!" "Capcom is so lame, us SNK people don't have to rely on invulnerable frames!! HAR HAR! Plus, our bosses...I LOVE FIGHTING BOSSES FOR A HUNDRED HOURS!"

That's shifted now to the whole "Call of Duty vs. Battlefied vs. whatever" FPS insanity these days, but still, it was almost like I was a fan of fighters in spite of being part of their fanbases back in the day.

Nowadays, it seems like fighter fans play just about all of 'em and can actually enjoy them, thankfully.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#25OdiousThirteenPosted 11/21/2011 6:01:39 PM
90% of my PS3 games are Japanese games.
---
Pokemon White FC - Joey - 1635 3738 5600
#26ThePatrickPosted 11/21/2011 6:02:03 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the words "button masher."

Whenever you heard something called that, you knew the dude was just a biased insane rabid fanboy lunatic swiss-cheese brain monkey flip-flop fanatic hobo no business barrin' junkyard mother ******
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#27Makoto03Posted 11/21/2011 6:47:33 PM

I actually have quite a bit of respect for Japanese developers because they don't make cookie cutter corridor linear FPS clones.

instead they make cookie cutter corridor linear rpgs (FFXIII).
---
24 and bisexual. i also have a foot fetish.
psn: Ryumoau
#28darkshadowmasterPosted 11/21/2011 6:49:01 PM
I don't. Where the game is from has no affect on if I like the game or not.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#29peter_888Posted 11/21/2011 6:52:51 PM
Ekidona_ posted...
Almost every new age male character is a beta male or an annoying white knight defender of all things female.

Guys are looking 100% like females.

Cheap unbalanced difficulty with no meaning other than to frustrate you. Japan has become so beta they need cheap difficulty in games to make themselves feel tough again.

New age Jrpgs characters are mostly kids.

Same old anime art..........aain and again and again and again

Bad cliche characters and sucky stories.

Female characters act so freaking weak. They also have ZERO body figure.

you do know that western games can be(and usually are) just as cliche as japanese games.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Peter47890
#30LygoPosted 11/21/2011 6:59:05 PM
Gotten a bit indifferent toward fighting games, due to lack of innovation. It's now a "do nothing genre". It's either a very similar new game to the previous game or a copycat of a popular one. Laziness should not apply to a expensive price.

I don't blame the companies, I blame the fans. The fighting game community want nothing outside of their comfort zone (especially Americans), which is why different games were either cancelled in development or outlooked.