This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CoD is ruining gaming...Now Square Enix wants to follow their footsteps!

#1ShadowkhNinjaPosted 11/22/2011 1:55:32 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114322-Square-Enix-Wants-a-New-Final-Fantasy-Every-Year

^ "If Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed can make big money with yearly installments, so can Final Fantasy, says Square Enix."

*sad* :(
---
PSN and 3DS info below. Add me!
http://passid.ca/ShadyN
#2Devilman_AmonPosted 11/22/2011 1:57:11 AM
This plus the latest news of them planning on reusing Unreal engine again spells bad things....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#3NeoAndurilPosted 11/22/2011 1:57:37 AM
Where's the people now who claimed cod was not ruining gaming? Oh yeah, hiding under the YOU'RE WRONG rock.

Jesus gaming will be over faster than I originally expected. Thanks activision.
#4lambchipsPosted 11/22/2011 2:01:05 AM
now we get 1 final fantasy game a gen!!

next gen we'll get
ff15
ff15 goty edition
ff15x3
ff15x4
ff15 anniversary edition
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#5ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 2:04:22 AM(edited)
NeoAnduril posted...
Where's the people now who claimed cod was not ruining gaming? Oh yeah, hiding under the YOU'RE WRONG rock.

Jesus gaming will be over faster than I originally expected. Thanks activision.

^ Be careful here on gamefaqs fanboys don't like it when you use the phrase "I told you so"
I think they don't like to admit they were wrong.
---
PSN and 3DS info below. Add me!
http://passid.ca/ShadyN
#6RoxasANobodyPosted 11/22/2011 2:04:00 AM
CoD is ruining gaming? Says who? The kids who hate CoD because it's a "fad"? Although it may not be "quality" to some players, it definitely is for the fans. If Square can properly crank out a great Final Fantasy game every year, then why stop them? Hell, I'd love to play a new 100+ hour FF every year.

So long as every year each FF gets better with new content, new towns, new inspirational stories, etc. - no fan will have a problem with it.
---
"I feel so close to you right now; it's a force feel."
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/OKAYSIAN
#7killakPosted 11/22/2011 2:04:03 AM
I don't see how CoD is ruining gaming. All it's doing is creating a wave of people that don't like it and hate the spotlight pointing elsewhere.
---
AUS Male Gamer, can you believe it?!?
...If you can't handle criticism as well as praise, don't put your thoughts into the public space...
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 11/22/2011 2:07:12 AM
^^^ thats because you're focusing on the gamer's responses and opinions. This topic isn't about that. It's about response from the rest of the developer community.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9arstosPosted 11/22/2011 2:07:35 AM
well it's not like final fantasy can get much worse : /
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers, Unreal Tournament III. feel free to add me.
#10SayoriaPosted 11/22/2011 2:07:56 AM
Why not? Square Enix is already on the DLC bandwagon. Heck, at this rate, maybe there wil be map packs for the future games as well!