This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CoD is ruining gaming...Now Square Enix wants to follow their footsteps!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. CoD is ruining gaming...Now Square Enix wants to follow their footsteps!

User Info: ShadowkhNinja

ShadowkhNinja
5 years ago#1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114322-Square-Enix-Wants-a-New-Final-Fantasy-Every-Year

^ "If Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed can make big money with yearly installments, so can Final Fantasy, says Square Enix."

*sad* :(
PSN and 3DS info below. Add me!
http://passid.ca/ShadyN

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
5 years ago#2
This plus the latest news of them planning on reusing Unreal engine again spells bad things....
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: NeoAnduril

NeoAnduril
5 years ago#3
Where's the people now who claimed cod was not ruining gaming? Oh yeah, hiding under the YOU'RE WRONG rock.

Jesus gaming will be over faster than I originally expected. Thanks activision.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
5 years ago#4
now we get 1 final fantasy game a gen!!

next gen we'll get
ff15
ff15 goty edition
ff15x3
ff15x4
ff15 anniversary edition
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428

User Info: ShadowkhNinja

ShadowkhNinja
5 years ago#5
NeoAnduril posted...
Where's the people now who claimed cod was not ruining gaming? Oh yeah, hiding under the YOU'RE WRONG rock.

Jesus gaming will be over faster than I originally expected. Thanks activision.

^ Be careful here on gamefaqs fanboys don't like it when you use the phrase "I told you so"
I think they don't like to admit they were wrong.
PSN and 3DS info below. Add me!
http://passid.ca/ShadyN

User Info: RoxasANobody

RoxasANobody
5 years ago#6
CoD is ruining gaming? Says who? The kids who hate CoD because it's a "fad"? Although it may not be "quality" to some players, it definitely is for the fans. If Square can properly crank out a great Final Fantasy game every year, then why stop them? Hell, I'd love to play a new 100+ hour FF every year.

So long as every year each FF gets better with new content, new towns, new inspirational stories, etc. - no fan will have a problem with it.
"I feel so close to you right now; it's a force feel."
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/OKAYSIAN

User Info: killak

killak
5 years ago#7
I don't see how CoD is ruining gaming. All it's doing is creating a wave of people that don't like it and hate the spotlight pointing elsewhere.
AUS Male Gamer, can you believe it?!?
...If you can't handle criticism as well as praise, don't put your thoughts into the public space...

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
5 years ago#8
^^^ thats because you're focusing on the gamer's responses and opinions. This topic isn't about that. It's about response from the rest of the developer community.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: arstos

arstos
5 years ago#9
well it's not like final fantasy can get much worse : /
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers, Unreal Tournament III. feel free to add me.

User Info: Sayoria

Sayoria
5 years ago#10
Why not? Square Enix is already on the DLC bandwagon. Heck, at this rate, maybe there wil be map packs for the future games as well!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. CoD is ruining gaming...Now Square Enix wants to follow their footsteps!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived