This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If anyone needs to start developing for the PS4 it's....

#1PhaseBlackPosted 11/22/2011 11:01:32 PM
The PlayStation Home developers. Such awesome potential it has, but it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up for the PS4 and offer more features. I always saw Home being in Beta all the PS3's life, but the real experience will be on the PS4
---
PSVita & 3DS
#23D3Posted 11/22/2011 11:13:51 PM
Isn't it still a beta for the PS3?
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma. No posting restrictions.
#3PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 11:22:11 PM
3D3 posted...
Isn't it still a beta for the PS3?

I think so, like I said I see it being in Beta all of the PS3's life then really "launching" on the PS4
---
PSVita & 3DS
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 11/22/2011 11:23:49 PM
Sony said that Playstation Home would always be called Playstation Home Beta because it is forever changing.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#5revenginePosted 11/22/2011 11:27:48 PM
You know what I thought would be a cool idea for Home would be if developers would open up a store in one of the malls and let you design your own skins for their games. So, for example, Naughty Dog opens a store, and lets you design a custom skin for Uncharted multi-player. You could start by choosing a character, then choosing the outfit he/she is wearing (make the clothing customizable as well - such as designing a logo that would go on Nathan's T-shirt), then choose weapons, then maybe even choose the dialogue they say. I haven't been to Home in a while, so if this is already going on, then never mind.
---
Your love is like a secret that has been passed around.
#6GamersLoftPosted 11/23/2011 1:55:39 AM
I don't understand how they can implement Home on the PS4.

If they totally revamp it for PS4 (better graphics, bigger areas, new engine, etc.) then it won't be playable on PS3.

Will there be two Home's...one on PS3 and one on PS4? There will be several years where both the PS3 and PS4 consoles will be active on the market simultaneously. I can't see Sony abandoning PS3 Home users, but at the same time, I can't see them using the current Home interface on the PS4.

How will Sony make the transition? This is something I've been wondering about for some time.
---
PSN: TrueGamer
XBL: EpicFail